Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you in advance for all the advice. I'm been in blogs for Bayliner and Lotus and always been a great help!! reading through the post you guys/gals I'm sure will be the same....

I'm in Melbourne Florida, looking for an FJ, 4WD, in the 2008 to 2010+ range only because I have just under $20k to spend. First concern is to tow the boat, some of the ramps here are still sand to that's the need for 4WD,,,, and we have great off roading around here so I'm sure I'll be hitting the trails too... My daughter wants to get a Jeep (competition coming! LOL)

Any advice on what years to stay away from, if any. I believe there was an engine change in 2010, any issues with that?

cant wait to get into one I can call my own.... SOLD a Lotus Elise so it's a huge change!!! hahahaha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome from NJ and Palm Coast..you will definitely have more vision and a higher vantage point..but the FJ is a little slower and probably won't corner as well...:laugh

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the Lotus was certainly fun, but the ex-wife got the tow vehicle and the Lotus was getting hard to get in and out of...

So I grew up in Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ!!! best Pizza in the world!!!

looking forward to being a bit higher,,,, thinking about a Train Horn also!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok about time to go bowling!! been a tough day... nothing a few Loaded Coronas will take care of...

open a Corona Extra
fill with Barkardi Lemon
gently flip upside down to mix
enjoy with Lime
can also use Tequila

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,935 Posts
ok about time to go bowling!! been a tough day... nothing a few Loaded Coronas will take care of...

open a Corona Extra
fill with Barkardi Lemon
gently flip upside down to mix
enjoy with Lime
can also use Tequila
Now we’re talking. :cheers:

Might be tough to source an FJ under 100,000 for 20K but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no problem towing the boat even with 2WD but some of the ramps I have access to are sand so I'd need 4WD. but either way it's a 19' Hurricane so it's well within the capabilities of the FJ. I have an Astro "Creeper Van" conversion van that has a V6 she pulls it without any problems.. but the women in my life don't like the Creeper image.... hey I only have one bowl of candy... LMAO

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I found a 2010 with 123k miles and got it for $19,700... has some good options no roof rack, not sure I'm going to put one on.. but probably will do the side steps... couple things I gota take care of but overall she's in good shape!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts