·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Welcome from Oregon 🙂

Looks much better!! in pic #2

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looking to add on a jack to roof rack and I really need a secure chest in the back.Break View attachment 1116750 k ins here in Houston are ridiculous...
I wanted to put my jack on the rack, too so I used the Hi-lift tube attachments (expensive but stainless and well made) to secure it. To prevent theft (what is the world coming to when someone might steal a jack?!), I used a bicycle cable lock with a combination. No theft after a few months and stays secure on the trail. I take the jack down every few months to oil it and make sure it still works.

·
Premium Member
16,369 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome!!
I put mine on the roof rack cross ways, as it is lots easier to get it down alone. I also just redid the entire rack setup, so mow I am sporting a 4' wide solar panel, a 7 gallon gas tani and 3m of fiberglass traction mats on top. I still have some room for other things, like my fishing rod mounts and shovel mount...

I used these for the roof rack mount...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Welcome to the fun from N. Texas!

I try no to keep anything on the outside that might get stolen. One of my friends had the lightbar on his heep stolen while in his driveway! I had an idiot stick and HF crane stolen off of Gerdie earlier this year. They stopped long enough to yank those things out of the bed and go to the next spot.
That being said, a braided cable is hard to cut. Just make it a pain to try to steal. If it takes time to swipe, most likely they'll move on to someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted to put my jack on the rack, too so I used the Hi-lift tube attachments (expensive but stainless and well made) to secure it. To prevent theft (what is the world coming to when someone might steal a jack?!), I used a bicycle cable lock with a combination. No theft after a few months and stays secure on the trail. I take the jack down every few months to oil it and make sure it still works. View attachment 1116755
Very nice...looks good, thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts