Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently shopping for a used FJ and have come across several with roof paint that matches body color. Was/is that factory option? Or does it mean they had it painted aftermarket? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
With the exception of the 07 Special Edition (All Black) or 08 Special Edition (All White) it was done after it left the factory.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I believe the TRD edition has the non-white roof. Maybe the Trail Teams edition, as well?

If the roof is painted black then the owner probably did so themselves. Standard edition FJ's have white (off-white, actually) roofs...

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
They only factory ones are the 2007 TRD SE (all black) and 2008 Trail Team (all white), each were limited to a 3200 production run. I seen quite a few solid color FJ's that dealer's painted the roofs to match.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
<snip> I seen quite a few solid color FJ's that dealer's painted the roofs to match.
Must be a regional dealer thang, as I haven't seen or heard of any dealers in the Gulf States region doing that.

It's almost like the convenience packages deal; almost all of the dealers around here include the bling plate and mirror lights convenience packages...

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
They only factory ones are the 2007 TRD SE (all black) and 2008 Trail Team (all white), each were limited to a 3200 production run. I seen quite a few solid color FJ's that dealer's painted the roofs to match.
Yup, Terry is right on. I have not seen any down our way that have had the roofs painted to match the rig although I have heard that the all BCs look pretty good.

Good luck in your search.:wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The two I have seen are 07's and are yellow and silver. I guess that means they are aftermarket. One was being sold by the dealer saying "Rare one color body" (the silver one). Apparently it IS rare, since they did it! Thanks for the info. The yellow one I have a line on seems to be a good deal. $19500 for an '07 with The conv. pkg. and Off road pkg. It has 29000 miles. Any thoughts. In my area (Tampa, FL), it has the most for the least $$$. Thanks again.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The two I have seen are 07's and are yellow and silver. I guess that means they are aftermarket. One was being sold by the dealer saying "Rare one color body" (the silver one). Apparently it IS rare, since they did it! Thanks for the info. The yellow one I have a line on seems to be a good deal. $19500 for an '07 with The conv. pkg. and Off road pkg. It has 29000 miles. Any thoughts. In my area (Tampa, FL), it has the most for the least $$$. Thanks again.
$19,500 is a pretty good deal. Is it 4 wheel drive too? :bandit:

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Yes, it is 4wd. Should the color matched roof be a concern? It looks OK.
I would ask the dealership if they painted the roof to match. I would also ask for a ladder to look at the roof good, if it has the factory roof rack ask to sit inside while they run water over the roof so you check for any leaks (the rack might have been taken off for the painting).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts