Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i´m Manuel from Germany, 4 weeks ago i bougth a black 2008 FJ, imported from NY end of last year.
My former off roader have been Jeep Wrangler TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee WH, Lexus RX 400h and Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
I´ve always thought, all are fantastic cars and nothing was missing- false, now i found what i was looking for.
It´s unbelievable how much fun you can have with the FJ, it´s always a headturner here in Germany cause it´s very rare.
To be honest: My first love is Porsche, i also own a few of these, but the FJ always brings a big smile to my face.
Regards - Manuel

·
Premium Member
17,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Welcome to FJ society. I agree, there is nothing more fun on the road than an air-cooled Porche and some form of Toyoata off the road (FJ40 then FJ-Cruiser)!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
i´m Manuel from Germany, 4 weeks ago i bougth a black 2008 FJ, imported from NY end of last year.
Hi Manuel,

First of all - congrats:clap: - I'm still waiting for mine. :cowfrown:

So it seems to me there is a private import to EU. I was in EU back in 2007 and the only FJ I saw was in Spain and in Poland. They really stand out of the crowd!

Out of curiosity - how much did it cost you? It seems to me that you folks in EU are getting penalise by your government if you buy anything which is above 2.0 l in capacity.:mecry:

How do you pay your road tax in Germany? is it included in the price of petrol?
My former off roader have been Jeep Wrangler TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee WH, Lexus RX 400h and Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
C'mon :) RX 400h is hardly an off roader. BTW how did you find Wrangler's quality of build?

[...] My first love is Porsche, i also own a few of these, .
Yeah I will probably buy one when I'm ready to retire :bigthumb: - next 30 years :lol:. Unfortunately any car Made in Germany has a ridiculous price in Australia. I own a BMW and I'm really disappointed with the quality of build. Can't wait to get off the lease and get rid off it. Hope the Porsche is a bit better :)

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
*edited*

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome Manuel. Where in Germany are you at?

Welcome from Mannheim!
You're in Mannheim?! I'm stationed in Heidelberg! Just got here in September. We haven't formally met, but I've seen your many posts on the forum. Did you bring the FJ with you?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome!! It's good to see another FJ pop up in the country.

I've seen a few around Europe so far...mainly in Germany but a few in Italy and one or two in France.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts