Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to see there is such a strong support for the FJ.

I had been searching for a new truck since my beloved ZR2 Sonoma is getting toward the 200K marker, and with my first little one on the way, the time has come to have the ability to tote a rugrat around if need be. Seven or 8 times per year we'll be pulling a small enclosed trailer to my races in the south.

I began looking immediately at the Tacomas but couldn't take my eyes of the FJ once I passed it in the lot. We test drove 4x4 Auto and I really liked everything about it, including the simplicity of the trim inside. I actually enjoy not having so many creature comforts.

I was happy to find a forum that had so much support. Looking forward to picking up an FJ and jioning the crowd.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome! What part of KY? I am from Western, KY. The reason I ask I have only seen the word Kentuckiana once and that was up by the lake (Kentuckiana Yacht Sales).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome!!! Leave while you can. If you keep reading you will get hooked like its meth. Some call it mod fever. I call it bankruptcy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! What part of KY? I am from Western, KY. The reason I ask I have only seen the word Kentuckiana once and that was up by the lake (Kentuckiana Yacht Sales).
I'm actually in Indiana, but a stone's throw from the Ohio River. Owensboro is about 25 minutes from me.

As far as mods, I only think I'd be looking at a set of BFG AT KO's and possibly a set of Pro Comp's down the road. And maybe some overhead lights, and... uh oh.. too late :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome Hyperdyne. I am in the KY/IN area also.... Louisville. Seriously, you need to heed the words of others on this site. Stay away... don't read anymore threads... just log off. Otherwise you will be sucked into coming on here everyday, researching oil types and looking at roof rack comparisons. It is a sickness.

Congratulations on the purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Hyperdyne. I am in the KY/IN area also.... Louisville. Seriously, you need to heed the words of others on this site. Stay away... don't read anymore threads... just log off. Otherwise you will be sucked into coming on here everyday, researching oil types and looking at roof rack comparisons. It is a sickness.

Congratulations on the purchase.
Ironic.. My office is in Louisville. Slugger Field is at my back door.

I already know the dangers. Being involved in racing in general is worse than a crack addiction. Actually, I think crack would be cheaper.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Welcome Hyperdyne :wave:. Hope you get your toy soon.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Welcome Man! Just get out your wallet, it is about to get bad!

Kim

·
Premium Member
17,099 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I already know the dangers. :lol: famous last words Being involved in racing in general is worse than a crack addiction. Actually, I think crack would be cheaper.
I moved to Nashville from Louisville. I still long for it every year round the first of May, I have some terrific memories of the street parties during Derby week.

Welcome to the forum, considering your racing experience.......you'll feel right at home real soon. Many of us have thrown money into that pit for the love if it too.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome!

Cruising - not just another way of living - It's the only way to live!!!!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Welcome. I live in Louisville but work out in Oldham County. There are a couple of guys here in the area that are on the forum.

I'm in a Black Cherry with an ARB Roof rack, stock steelies, ToyTec Custom Coilovers, Trail-gear sliders, etc... (only one that I've seen with this setup in the area).

·
Registered
251 Posts
I figured out a way to deal with Vegas. Everytime I think about going I pull out the wallet and mail them all my money. Its prob cheaper than going. But how does one deal with FJ mod fever?

Welcome to the forum!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts