Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my story,
After extensive research in trying to locate a TTSE in Canada and then in the States, I found - 3 2008’s, one in Boston, one in Washington state, and one in Texas in my price range. This all took place between October 2010 and January 12th 2011. Just before buying plane tickets I gave a Nissan dealer in Langley B.C. (near Vancouver) one last shot at my 2007 Frontier LE with 30,000 kms that was coming off lease in March. They had an 09’ FJ MT Silver Fresco with Adventure package with 12,000 kms. After a few emails we’re off to B.C. for an adventure. The deal was too good to pass up even though I really wanted a TTSE and those 2011’s are really sick. The drive was supposed to be 2,200 kms from Winnipeg and 2,200 kms back. Leave Saturday and pick up FJC Monday morning.
Best layed plans looked good on paper but due to avalanche and road closures we ended up putting 3,300 kms on the trip out. Retracing our steps from Lake Louise back thru Lethbridge towards Vancouver. The deal ended up being commenced @ 5:30pm on Monday and we spent the night in Langley BC. The trip back was awesome, the FJC was way better than expected and the scenery was breathtaking. I have never been west of Brandon MB in Canada before. Unfortunately the sand mix used in B.C. includes driveway size stones and my windshield did not survive the onslaught taking four that left dings with one that now has a tail about four inches long as of today.
The immense information and stories on this forum are amazing. Looking forward to more information and new stories as I break in my new FJC.

KEVsKruiser*WPG.ca

·
Admin
8,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Admin
8,447 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BC Trip Day 5 087.jpg

Sorry, Not very well thought out on my end. As there are 400 pictures from the adventure and I haven't posted on a forum since I had a Z28. So I need to resize and or look for my photobucket account information. Then re-learn how to attach.

KEV

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Admin
8,447 Posts
Looks good.

I had a similar trip. I bought mine from Seattle Washington. My wife and I flew there and drove it back through the states.

Sounds like my trip was less eventful though :lol:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Congrats and welcome :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Howdy, cool story! Gee, I went almost a year before my windshield got nailed. Sorry you didn't even make it home!:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts