Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to own an fj pretty soon. I'm selling my current car now and hoping to get around 17k. I am going to buy a used fj probably 07-08 depending on the deal I can get. I don't want to pay more than 23k and I'd like the miles to be under 30k. I would like 4wd, rear diff., A trac. Still undecided on manual or auto, but it seems it will be much harder to find a manual one used with what I want. Just looking for some advice here and what to expect. I'd prefer an iceberg paint but I know that is not possible with my price range. What should I expect to pay for a used fj with what I want? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cannot help you with price--it seems that prices vary quite a bit from region to region. My suggestion would be to decide on what options you want and make an offer to several sellers until you find a price that fits you.

As you mentioned, manual transmission will be hard to find. For some reason, I think all the manual transmission FJ Cruisers are full-time FWD. For me, the only feature I don't have that I want is manual transmission, but I didn't want full-time FWD.

I got mine in December and the darn thing has been growing on me ever sense. It is such a fun vehicle. Good luck on your search, and hope you find one!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Barnabus,

Come on in the waters fine. Just because you can see the bottom does not mean that you know how deep it is. Check the vehicle for sale section. You will see some different prices and then can relate them to where you live. You can also look at new vehicle prices as a guide. Don't sell short on what you want, but decide if color is more important than features. Good luck and hello and welcome.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Are you open to traveling some to pick up an FJ? I couldn't find one locally for under $24k last year when I was looking, but I ended up finding exactly what I wanted 7 hours away for only $19k. Add to that a $50 car rental and another $80 in gas and I ended up with a great deal on a loaded 6MT with 32k miles. Even if you have to fly somewhere and find decent airfare it would be worth it. Just something to consider!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Barnabus where are you located?

I just recently moved from California to Maryland where I finally bought my FJC. I noticed on the east coast, atleast in my state, there are much fewer FJ's for sale therefore are much more expensive. And let me tell you from experience their damn near impossible to find used with low mileage like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts