Registered
445 Posts
Hi Jeremy, welcome from central Ohio!

Congrats on getting the best looking FJ model :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all! Yeah, the sandstorm is actually the color I was hoping was coming to the 3rd Gen Tacomas but we got quicksand instead, not as appealing to me as sandstorm, looks more of an old school Toyota color..

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Welcome from an old Austinite! If you run across Krammy, tell him I said Hi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 9k miles on my 19 Taco in 9 months. I really lost count of how many times it went back to Toyota for defects. It started to be liveable by about 6 months, I enjoyed driving it the last 3 months for sure.
In the end, there were still some quality issues that didn't so much worry me but made me ask myself what I was paying for. I started looking for alternatives out without losing too much $, after driving new Rav4s, Camrys, Corrolas, Foresters, Touerags, etc., I ended up driving this and thought this thing really drives freaking good, may as well get something cool that won't tank in value. Hopefully.
It also really helps that I have an 88 single cab 22re 4x4 in the garage for when I need to haul mulch or make Lowe's trips..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I put 9k miles on my 19 Taco in 9 months. I really lost count of how many times it went back to Toyota for defects. It started to be liveable by about 6 months, I enjoyed driving it the last 3 months for sure.
In the end, there were still some quality issues that didn't so much worry me but made me ask myself what I was paying for. I started looking for alternatives out without losing too much $, after driving new Rav4s, Camrys, Corrolas, Foresters, Touerags, etc., I ended up driving this and thought this thing really drives freaking good, may as well get something cool that won't tank in value. Hopefully.
It also really helps that I have an 88 single cab 22re 4x4 in the garage for when I need to haul mulch or make Lowe's trips..
Makes sense; these FJ do hold value, bad thing is they are hard to get into at a good price. I got mine just a little over a month ago have put about 2k miles on it already. It is just a toy; hoping to get out to Utah and CO more!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh good, thought he meant $2k in repairs. I know this is a toy for some but it's my DD, the 88 pickup is my toy, toys don't have air conditioning, haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh good, thought he meant $2k in repairs. I know this is a toy for some but it's my DD, the 88 pickup is my toy, toys don't have air conditioning, haha
I have been DD the FJ since I have had it and really enjoying it! I cannot give up my F150 FX4 I need a truck too often for work and play. I am just keeping the miles off the truck now.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi and welcome Jeremy from Vancouver, USA.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts