Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I very happy to announce that I just bought a 2008 black FJ 4X4.
Im very excited. I will be exporting the car from Miami to Suriname, South America where I will be sure to put the FJ to good use in the rainforest.

I need some advice though. I have the basic 4X4. Black, Tow package, the upgraded sound, roof rack.

I am looking to buy a few asseccories (like side bars and maybe LED lights)
BUt can anyone point me in the right direction on these things, because there are so many websites and options that I am beyond lost.

I was also thinking about painting the grey parts of the bumper and side mirrors black for an all black look with just the white top.
HAs anyone done that before? are there pics online??

THanks in advance for the help.

Deep

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang and congrats....

there are lots of after market choices. Start with the supporting vendors here... Metal Tech is my favorite.

lots of folks have do a black out... just give it a search and you'll find examples and write up folks have posted on the forum.

good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
For sliders, it depends on if you want standard, step, or 'kick out' style. We've always run the standard FJ sliders & they've worked great, but we may upgrade to a step and/or kick out style now that our little one will be walking soon.
For LED lights, they're all very awesome. We just did a comparison in our April issue, which you can read here: LED Lights, FJs in Japan & Australia, and much more! April 2011 Issue - FJC Magazine - For FJ Cruiser Owners and Enthusiasts | FJC Magazine - For FJ Cruiser Owners and Enthusiasts
Bottom line is, get what looks right on your truck and fits your budget. They will all be amazing compared to any other option.
Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!
Good luck with your upcoming mods.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Congrats, there are alot of choices, but as someone else said start with the supporting vendors here. You can find alot of post about their products on the forums to help you make a decision.

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome! I too did the black out. With a little research and preparation it's easy to do yourself. Use the search feature and you can find direction for each of the parts. For sliders I recommend that you find a pair that sit out towards the level of your tires and away from the body of your Fj. I'm talking about the entire standard rail and not just a kick out so that one you can stand on them. Two you can use a hi lift jack on them. And three so when against rocks or narrow passage you can protect the body of the Fj better. If the sliders are closer to the truck I've seen guys scrape both there rails and the doors with rocks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

I like sliders with a kick out at the back. Something like in the above pic. Yes, there are some forum vendors that have a similiar design. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts