Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Just purchased a new Army Green FJ and looking for some newbie dirt trials in Orange County, California area that are not too technical for a first time off-road excursion. Also recommendations for basic modifications and who installs? Skid Plates, Lights?

- Dan F

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Plenty of good trails up here in the Eastern Sierra, just a few hours to your north; Titus Canyon (Death Valley), Cerro Gordo (Inyo County), Centennial Flat (Inyo County), Robbers Roost (Kern County), Red Rock Canyon (Kern County) to name a few. All straight forward, not too technical. Enjoy!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
34,608 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
117 Posts
welcome!

check out www.fjcforums.com...it's a socal FJ forum and seems to be pretty active.

there's great trails all around you. you can head out to anza-borrego, up to big bear...try Silverado Canyon (maple springs road) for an easy day out and a great view.

funtreks is a good idea for trails...I also have an app called EveryTrail which seems to have quite a bit of trails too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2011, Toyota, FJ Cruiser Trail Team
82 Posts
I recently got a 2011 Army Green TT as well about 6 weeks ago. Been off roading 3 times since.

Here's a useful site to find trails.
Orange County, California - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia
San Bernardino County, California - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia

I've done Main Divide Road and Holy Jim Trail. I recently went to the San Bernardino Mountains off HWY 38. There's an entrance called Vista Point (#1), which took me to 7 Oaks Reservoir (#2); a dam with water. This was a ton of fun!! Got muddy in the process.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts