Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just joined the forum and owned my blue FJ since 2006. I am about to PCS to Alaska (June 1). I have been looking at upgrades for a while. I realized shipping to Alaska is pretty costly so I am looking to order some things now and add them before I go. I would like to replace my front bumper and look at suspension upgrades. I also want to go with a roof rack system like Yakima. I have the OEM roof rack currently. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,361 Posts
Greetings from VT! If you are "about" to move there may not be time to acquire a bumper unless it's already in stock, and many bumper manufacturers make them to order. Just something to consider when shopping. As for suspension Toytec stocks a great variety of models and they offer second-to-none customer service :rocker: GL!

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know, thank you. I looked at Expedition One and they have a fairly good deal right now... I am going to contact them and see if they could deliver to Oregon. I will be on leave there for several days. If they are not able to turn that quick, than I will eat the shipping cost to AK.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The group buy for exp 1 is a great deal. If you need them soon, I think you can opt for priority in shipping early if you pay up.

Also, as far as racks go...check this out:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ech/95377-yakima-setup-using-arb-fit-kit.html

Essentially it's only a Yakima kit with an ARB base, eliminating the oem rack entirely. It's a great idea. When I need a rack I might give this a shot since it's significantly cheaper than an aftermarket rack (~$350 vs $900)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^Plus it would get everybody 1 closer to 50>:D^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
16,746 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, I just ordered from EXP 1. Nice folks and extremely helpful. I saved like $800.00 ordering front and rear bumper and rocker guards. Equipment was like 20% off and I paid $150.00 shipping to expedite it to Oregon. I will throw them on and head for AK. In regards to the ARB rack... I am looking into the Alloy rack (87" X 44") part number 4900040M. They have one on Amazon for $1,100.00. That seems to be about average. The issue is shipping to Oregon in the time i need it. I will call the specific Amazon vendor tomorrow. Apparently, from the website, there are no vendors in Oregon, weird. I have been looking at these mods for the last several years and when i realized that shipping would either be non-existent or would be 4x or more the price to get it to AK I decided the time to sell of everything I owned to get mods was now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts