Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lurking for a long time and saving my pennies even longer!! Finaly had the bucks to go get mine !! now I feel like I can post here!!
My NEW baby: 4X4 auto, sun fusion,
conv.package,
upgrade #1 pkg. ,
"extra mile" package A (roof-rack, hitch, all w.mats,rear cargo mat, arm rest, spare tire cover, first aid kit, custom pin stripe, wheel locks)

skid plate, side curtin airbags, upgraded window tint, stainless exaust tip, crapola shield pkg, door edge guards, nitrogen filled tires.
One cool feature was that sports city toyota in Dallas gives you FREE oil changes for AS LONG AS you have the car at their quick lube right there at the dealer !!! MSRP was 32,530

When we went to look I had everything printed. 1. the exact one that I wanted on their lot. and 2. cost calculator filled out.

When we arrived The very nice young salseman asked if he could help us. The usual chit chat and us both boasting that we knew more than the other about the fj's. I told him that I had the exact vin# for the one I wanted. He asked me to let him know what it was, and I just handed him the copy from the internet that I printed, and to my mistake, I also gave him my printed out cost calculator !!:bangin: Needless to say I realized this AFTER he took it to the sales manager !! After 10 min. he came back and said,,,, It is obvious you guys know ALOT about the fj. :D :D in a quite nervous voice !!!
To make a long story short,, It really cut down the time of going back and forth with the sales manager. he said: "look ,,, we just want to make $1500 on the car. We offered 29,500 and we met inbetween at 30,000. I probably could have gotten a little better deal,(quite sure he made more than $1500) but I knew there were not alot around with the options that I had to have !! In and out of the dealer in a little over an hour !!
Oh,, almost forgot the best part of the deal,, First time I have ever been able to pay CASH !! PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Awesome story!! Makes you feel sort of proud of yourself, doesn't it??

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig!! :roller:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree with paying cash up front if you can do it....... So many folks make a fat living on financing our rides. I bought a Rav4 and a Taco from Sport City! I did enjoy the free oil changes.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Now get out and drive. Congratulations. You have just purchased the best vehicle of 2007.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Congrats, and Welcome to the madness :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did buy a yakima rack system for our tandem bicycle.. geez,, yakima is proud of their stuff !! $600 bucks for a "sidewinder" tandem bicycle rack :jawdrop:

Looking to put rock rails on it.. I would like to give it a little lift,, but it BARELY fits in my garage now !!

I keep asking my wife if she needs me to run ANY errands for her,,,,
like going to the post office, or the grocery store IN OKLAHOMA !!:) I cannot seem to get this grin off of my face !!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE. Good story too. Research is your best friend.:roller:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Congrats, you made a great choice. And I agree, the info available to the consumer on the internet will soon make haggling and dealer deception a thing of the past. Yay!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts