Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Born in San Antonio, grew up outside of Houston, moved to Austin for college and most of my adult life. Relocated to Chicago about 6 years ago. Just sold my house in Round Rock last year finally. What part of the ATX are you in? Hoping to make it back home at some point in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy Everyone!!

I have a 07 4X2 that has been a joy to own and drive...

Hoping to find some help here with a mystery concerning my FJ...

Hoping to find a tech with intimate knowledge of the different Toyota optional features and possible combinations of Anti-Theft Tech, Vehicle Tracking Options, GPS Features and the different ignition switches for the different features.

I have tried to figure this out on my own... but it gets pretty confusing...pretty fast for me!

I am a Journeyman Electrician... that does mostly commercial and industrial new installs... but a Toyota Tech...I am not!

I am going to try to search for my answers here.... and to anyone who feels like helping me...well please do and Thanks in Advance for Your time and Effort!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Hey Y'all,
I'm reporting here from Texas with my new to me Brick FJ Cruiser. She is bone stock at the moment but and its gonna be a couple months till I'm able to do anything to her. She is 4x4, automatic and just about fully loaded I believe. Any questions or tips let me know.

·
Admin
6,587 Posts
Welcome Brisco.
Create an Intro thread in the introductions section.
:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just decided to customize my 2008 FJ.
Order new Wrangler MT/Rs. A tuffy ctr lock box. Installed 96 Led Dome lights what a difference - had to cut down cone connector as
it would not fit in socket. I recommend cutting
off j connection and soldering both light board leads in parallel to cone tips, Also removed spring and wrapped whole thing with rubber elect tape to prevent wires from breaking off when you tuck them in. Super bright but 3 leds
are out. At $7 dollars each on Amazon that's not surprising. overall super bright.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I am a proudly new 2013 FJ cruiser owner and happy to join this cummunity.

For now, my FJ is completely stuck but i have my mine full of upgrades projects and full of questions, and this is where you come in the game, :p

You might find my english a bit weird and you might be right, I am not a native english. So don't be shy to ask me "wtf r u talking about???" when you don't understan my writing.

Hope to have good time with you guys

Best regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
New to this forum. I live in Erie, Colorado and have a 2011 silver FJ with 6sp manual transmission. Still stock as I have been worried about lifting, changing shocks, etc because of all the issues I've read about. I just went to the summit in Ouray and wow! Met a lot of great people and pushed myself and FJ to new limits. Many of the vendors and new friends put my mind at ease about mods, lifts, etc. Ironically I won the TRD shocks in the raffle! Still waiting to hear back from Toyota when I will get them and if they are their new coilovers or std TRD shocks. Fingers crossed. I'm thinking of starting a group near me of people who want to go wheelin periodically in Colorado. Also, how do I post summit pics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to FJ Forum

Hi All,

I'm a nurse in Arizona and have always loved the outdoors. What a perfect place to own a FJ Cruiser...the weather stays nice (at least in parts of my state) for most of the year!
Anyway, I'm still trying to buy my FJ. Hard to find a good deal with all the options I want now that they aren't making them anymore, but I have high hopes. :)

I've owned Toyota all my driving career and believe the FJ will be a dream for adventures off road. I can't wait!! <3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody. My name is Tony, I'm new here from Long Beach, CA. Even though I've registered about a year ago right after getting my 2009 Toyota FJ TRD, I haven't really explored the forums until now. A year has passed and I love my FJ "fatboy" even more adding a few pieces to add to the OEM+ styling. Looking forward to some good readings and meeting some good people as well.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the add! I have some friends on here and they told me I needed to be a part of this. I look forward to interacting with folks here and possibly making new friends along the way. Again thanks for the add. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey EVERYONE!!! I have been on this forum for the past 3 years and for some odd reason I never created a user account so I figured I would so I can say thank you to all of you that contribute to this fine forum. I have found many useful posting and information galore that has helped me have some serious fun with my FJ. My FJ is an 07 with about 57k on it and looks like it has 257k but drives like new. I maintain it very well and even though it has it's fair share of bumps and bruises I love being able to say hell yeah I will try that without having to worry about scratches , I still have two brand new fenders in the box but cannot bring myself to make it pretty again.
In anyhow I just wanted to say thank you to everyone , Hello to everyone and at the same time I wanted my FIRST post to be here as it should be which shows yes I do read and search before posting, it just helps keep the forum clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, Phil D here in Phoenix, AZ. Been a Toyota owner for several hundreds of thousands of miles. Currently have a 2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab V8 2WD with 272,xxx miles. Doesn't really need anything (because I take care of it) other then a new set of tires soon.

The reason I joined here is because I'm finding myself more interested in exploring some of the thousands of acres of BLM land and fire roads available all around AZ. Have kind of settled on the FJ and am hoping to pick one up in the $15k to $20k range. I worked in the auto industry and for awhile with Toyota (at the dealership level) so I am not unfamiliar but am hoping to get the variants in models and accessories figured out with the help of some of you fine people.

I like to keep my stuff as close to stock as possible and am not looking to do any hardcore off-roading, just want to explore. Any direction towards some info on year and model differences would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey there - I'm from Pacific NW….did lots of research and settled on the FJ - hard to find a manual in the PNW that is worth while on many levels. Looking at one in Los A and will look at it this next weekend. Wish me luck.
Love road trips !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Ethan and I have recently aquired a 2008 FJ Cruiser with about 134,xxx miles on it. I have loved off roading since I was little when my dad came home with a cheap beat up 80s model Bronco II. Toyota has recently become my first pick when it comes to reliable and functional vehicles. This forum will hopfully supply me with ideas and maybe even a few local connections for my FJ. I am all about funcionality and knowing that my FJ can go anywhere I would like it to go. With that being said, I am interested in mods that add to the total operation of the vehicle and not looks alone (although they are important). I live in Lufkin Tx and would love to connect if there is anyone in the area interested in going on some rides every once in a while.

I will attempt to post some but beware, I tend to read more than I write.

Thanks for providing a great resource for all the FJ ins and outs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, people!
Ryan Y here. I have been driving hand me down Chevy sedans since I got my driver's license because my dad owns an auto repair shop and many times customers would say "If you can fix it, you can keep it." I decided I needed something more along the lines of a truck/SUV. Mainly because of my 100 lb labrador retriever and all of the track & field throwing equipment I am always hauling around. My month long vehicle search initially began with a vigorous hunt for a nice Honda Element. To keep a long story short; that quickly went by the wayside after I randomly decided to test drive an FJC and I recently purchased a 2012 FJ and have been loving it for the past week. I was considering a white 2008 TT which was in the same price range and opted for the newer one and just palnning to do the modifying to make it what I really want it to be.

I am hopeful it will serve me well in the often harsh Pennsylvania/Massachusetts winters months.

This forum has been a great source of information during my FJ search and I am looking forward to hearing and sharing stories!
Cheers!

·
Admin
6,587 Posts
221 - 240 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.