Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Per, I`m a norwegian and most of the year living and working in Norway.
A few weeks every year I spend my time at the Philippines where I will settle down in the near future.
I was informed about this forum at a FJ Cruiser forum at Facebook. For some reason they kicked me out from that group after about 1 hr..I still dont know why,`but it might be because that I said the FJ Cruiser is one of the most ugly cars I have ever seen, but with some modification the ugly duckling will turn into a swan.
But that reason is just a wild guess from my side.. :)

In Norway I have never seen a FJ Cruiser, I`m not sure if they import them here so the first FJ I saw at the Philippines just some weeks ago.
I`m planing for a new car at the Philippines and I had in mind even the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Montero or the Mitsubishi Pajero.
That was until I saw the ugly duckling for the first time.
After some browsing on internet, I found many pictures of the FJ where the FJ has transformed from the ugly duckling to a fantastic swan.

Do I need a FJ cruiser for my purpose? I dont think so. I do not plan to do any serious offroading, but the Philippine roads are generally in very bad conditions, so I need a rough car that can handle the roads and can bring me down to any fantastic white beach for overnight camping.
And a modified FJ Cruiser will be one of a kind and dont look like any other cars.

So I`m here to learn about the FJ and hopefully in the future can contribute to the forum with my own experience of my own FJ and the white beaches at the Philippines.

:)

Regards
Per

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you are thinking about buying an FJ and you're not sure if you should, you will see that the forum members that own them love them. I think it's an fantastic vehicle, by far my favourite to date. Drive one and you will be hooked! Good luck in your quest Per!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, just bought a 2010 FJ. Always had diesels and older jeeps, liking my FJ so far. Like to get to know people in my area, and learn more about this fun vehicle. Been around cars and modifying them since I could walk and talk. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, Brian here. I just sealed the deal tonight on a 2010 4wd FJ automatic, picking it up Saturday. Right now I have a 2005 Tacoma Prerunner Sport 2wd. I wanted something smaller (well, shorter) than the Taco (it's s 4 door long bed) and something with more off-road potential. It's got all the bells and whistles (ATRAC, diff lock, and stability), so I think it's a pretty good starting point.

My plans so far (which will probably morph somewhat, I'm still learning) include about a 3" lift, lots of armor (front and rear bumpers, sliders, various skid plates), 33's, and a roof rack of some sort.

We live in Orange County CA, and there are a lot of trails fairly local to here. I think my wife and 5 year old son will have a great time wheeling with the FJ, we're pretty outdoorsy.

Been wrenching all my life, mostly on old VW's, but this will be my first build of a 4wd. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Welcome to the FJ life. I know my wife and kids love the FJ. As for me, it's the only vehicle that interests me now, and the only regret I have, is waiting so long to buy one..I didn't realize it would be this good! I hope you love your new Toy. It's always great to meet another FJer.

Sent from a NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to be a new member. Still learning forum but hope to have photos uploaded soon. I see the Florida group is planning a ride in Ocala this weekend and would like to contact group so I can participate but not sure how to do that. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I have always liked the FJ and now have the resources to get one. While I was reading up on it I came across some rumors that Toyota might be putting out a new edition. Before I pulled the trigger on one I was wondering if the rumors are true to know if I should wait since I can wait if I have too. The internet is so full of crap I thought I would come to a place where people actually knew. If this has already been addressed then I apologize I didn't see it. Thanks for the info.
Jon

·
Admin
6,587 Posts
Hi guys, I have always liked the FJ and now have the resources to get one. While I was reading up on it I came across some rumors that Toyota might be putting out a new edition. Before I pulled the trigger on one I was wondering if the rumors are true to know if I should wait since I can wait if I have too. The internet is so full of crap I thought I would come to a place where people actually knew. If this has already been addressed then I apologize I didn't see it. Thanks for the info.
Jon
Rumours abound... always have and always will. If at the end of the day you buy an FJ and want to sell it, the resale value will be there for you.
:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!! I've actually owned my FJ for about a year my wife now loving refers to her as my mistress as if I'm not with her or my daughter I'm tinkering on mods or planning future mods.

·
Admin
6,587 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!! I've actually owned my FJ for about a year my wife now loving refers to her as my mistress as if I'm not with her or my daughter I'm tinkering on mods or planning future mods.
My wife bugs me that the FJ is our son :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie Sooeyman here for first post. Just purchased a 2010 model FJ Cruiser. Have wanted one for several years & pulled the trigger at Toyoya in Sedalia, Mo. Bought an Avalon from them 2 years ago. They seem to be a very good dealership so far. Was really surprised at the resale value on the FJ's. Recently sold my Harley & ended my riding days. Started in 1967. Belonged to a Harley forum for many years & received many benefits from that experience. Expect & hope to do the same here. Also I am an Amsoil preferred dealer & believer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4 months ago i moved home to work from oil field camp life and needed a new car. my taste for something different and also dependable, reliable , capable , resell able and really unique compared to most vehicles on the road today, led me to the FJ.... 4 months I've been watching the locals and even contacting national auto ads at times looking for the right deal....finally today i closed the deal on an 08 TTE with 117000kms and couldn't be happier! looking forward to many more searches on this site and all the info a newborn needs to survive, mod, and grow into the next level of FJ ownership!! RTT's are an immediate attraction to this guys imagination..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie reporting!!!
I have purchased about 1 year ago a 2014 FJ Cruiser Green Army 4WD (Down here in Mexico there was only 1 version available). I liked a lot a planning to do a lot of modification on it. I have posted some times questions before presenting myself (How Rude). Great forum by the way and let the modifications begin!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
New to the forum...just purchased a 2012 Iceberg White FJ Cruiser. 57k with a few upgrades from the one previous owner. Very excited to get it Offroad in Georgia (USA) as driving on the pavement is only so much fun.

Attachments

·
Admin
6,587 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone, new-ish FJ owner. Purchased my '07 a few months back. Always wanted one and immediately started modding as soon as I could. Nothing too crazy, learned a lot on this forum as to what was the best for new mods. Below is a before and after as well as just a natural element shot. \\

Attachments

241 - 260 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.