Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Just flew to ohio (i live in louisiana) for my 2010 fj trail team. then drove it back 1200 miles.

in short, i am in love with it. complete utter love.

Thank you,
derek

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Hey all,
New to the forum, have had my FJ almost a year and love love love it!
Thanks for all the great info the forum brings!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first post. Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2011, silver 4x4 FJ (AT) with running boards, roof rack, ATC, Rear Diff Lock. I'm still on my first tank of gas! I tried out the 4wd,Front L4, went around the block in L2, stopped put the AT to N and when I tried to shift from L4-N-H2 I heard and felt (in the forward shift knob) some grinding , is this grinding considered normal? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hey All:

I am Karlos Brooklyn from "The Garden Of The World" Brooklyn USA (NY)
Quote: by Ed Norton, The Honey Mooners.

As of Jan-5,,,, 2010 New FJ Cruiser TRD with some home made Mods
and others on the way. Will be posting pictures ASAP with ideas and if anyOne think I could help, I am not about money.
I am not interested in my friends $$$$$ (got my own) lol lol lol.....

Many thanks ahead of time to JoeIsip for inspiring me to buy my second FJ,
Got one overseas, 2007 Blue. Thanks also for ur precious time.

Next mods: Road Armour Bumper
3" lift, I need guidence, What do I need ???

Thanks all , I like u to think u have a new friend in Brooklyn. c ya
Home zip 11206

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello FJ lovers, looks like i blogged when i should have posted, so here i am again to tell everyone hello. i have seen alot of sexy rigs in here and some very unique accessories, as my computer skills improve i might pick your brains.
I bought my voodoo blue FJ new in 07. Since then i have lost my mind and done the Old Man Emu 3" lift, wheels tires, ARB rear locker, Warn steel bumpers and Superwinch 9000. I am married, 46 years old and live in Magna Utah (about 20 miles outside Salt Lake City). I was newbie to 4wd in 07, now i am a junkie. We own the most awsome rig ever built! My sincere respect and gratitude to all the moderators for their time and efforts.:jester:

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is to answer Leibniz question,
When i first brought my FJ home it was difficult to engage 4L, but i dont remember any grinding. You said you were in N, make sure also that your foot is on the brake. After a few uses, it starts shifting more smoothly, but never as easy as 4H.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a 2011 silver FJ. I got the off road package with bilsten shocks and roof rack. Other than that it is pretty vanilla.

I live in Alaska and am looking forward to getting to use it a little bit!

My first purchase is going to be the alpro rock sliders with fillers. I'm trying to figure out how to ship stuff here without doubling the cost. :-(

Thanks in advance for answering my dumb questions and the great info that I am mining here.
:cheers:
Cheers,
Paul in the AK

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, first post on the forum!
I have been looking around on here for about two weeks now and have really got excited about joining the family. Come August I will be selling my '01 Tacoma and upgrading to a SUV. I was looking at getting a 4Runner but came a across the FJ and fell in love. Today was the first day I got to drive a FJ and it pretty much secured it for me. It rode 10X smoother than my taco and made me excited to get mine and get it dirty! My only issue was the small lack of visibility, but I know I could get use to it pretty quick. I am so excited to soon become a part of the great club of FJ owners!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I also have been peeking at this forum for the past couple weeks while searching for a 2011 TT SE. I am in SE WI and finally found a 2011 Army Green (package #3) in Northern IL. I drove down the next day and took it home with me.

This forum family seems very inviting and I look forward to acuiring/sharing FJ info. Thanks for the help so far and in the future!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info Steve :) I'm a Steve also, new to the forum. I'm in Wasilla, Alaska. I don't have my FJ yet but I'm looking very hard at them and have had several Toyota land cruisers in the past. I do feel a little frustrated that Toyota has the D4D turbocharged 4 cylinder Diesel with the new 2011 exhaust scrubber system that meets the Euro 5 emission standards, that could easily give the FJ 25 city/35 hwy mileage and haven't sold them here in the USA. I wish Toyota would do the USA a solid and offer them here. I did email Toyota Corporate and they said they forwarded the Email to the R&D group that decides what upgrades to bring out in the next years model. So maybe we will get lucky and they will produce a Diesel FJ with more torque and vastly improved fuel mileage. Anyway it's food for thought. Regardless I plan to have my new FJ before long. I have found the detail in this forum to be very helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another new guy...

Okay just bought a 2011 Army Green FJ cruiser, so far, I really like it over the Rubicon. The ride quality and reduction of road noise are very impressive, it shocked me how drastic the differences were of my daily driving impressions between Jeep and FJ.

I built a jeep before, so I know that good ones are bought, great ones are built. However, I sold my jeep long ago and have been recently looking and the FJ got my vote this time. The dealer on had two on the lot, black and Army Green. Easy pick, Army Green. I took it out for a test drive, scared the bejesus out of the poor salesman. Signed the dotted line, and two hours later BadManatee has a new toy in the garage.

Very nice forum here, I look forward to using the articles to improve my FJ without spending a fortune (hopefully). Hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to our military and to those that have given their lives in service to our citizens and country.

Regards,

BadManatee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everytime I've had to google something about my FJ, the internet always led me to this forum. I have a 2008 Sandstorm, ARB front, Kaymar back, sliders, and an Old Man EMU heavy lift.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Folks, I'm new to this forum but not to FJCs.
I have an '09 FJC off-road package that I bought in AK, and now its on its way to me in the UK. So excited to get to drive it again. No mods other than a ARB full-length roof rack that I will suggest anyone to get. Once I get it here I plan on purchasing as many mods as i can.
-OME med or heavy lift (haven't decided yet)
-33" BFG AT or KM2 (what i had in AK, But sold for the move)
-Expedition One front bumper, still looking for rear
-9K Warn Winch

If anyone has any other/better suggestions for mods, I'm all ears.
Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome Newbs! :wave:
The best way to really appreciate your new ride, make a name for yourself in this community (and maybe with your own neighbors), and have an absolute blast doing so is to cruise on over to the Off-Topic area and participate in the FJC Picture Challenge Game. Be sure to read the rules and the listing of previous challenges here.

21 - 40 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.