Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi there,
WOW! So much information, where to start!!?(I guess here..huh? :) )
Can't wait to meet everyone at the Summit! Thankfully just found out about it and tacked it to the weekend we were already going to be in that area camping with friends!
Lived in Colorado springs since 1997, figure its time to get in shape, and hit the awesome trails!
I breed, raise and train golden retrievers, board them exclusively, and am a animals/pets and people photographer! Landscapes, and wildlife as well!
Hubby and I just added a FJ to our garage this previous spring, and look forward to breaking it in!
Toodles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say hi. Just joined up. Have used the forum for some time for info just have not joined. Finally jumped in the water. I have a 07 FJ 6 speed 4x4. Absolutely love it. I have started my modding journey this week after ordering a 3" lift. So it begins. I look forward the the transformation and the wealth of information that everyone has here. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A big Hi all yall from south Alabama . I've enjoyed my 11 Trail Team about 5 weeks now and have had a blast . Learning a lot from this site . Keep the ideas flowing . Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. Just joined after getting my first FJ 2007 yesterday. It was my father in laws and he has traded me my 2000 Tacoma for his FJ. I could not argue with that trade. Hoping to find some good information on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys! My name is Dan, but my friends nicknamed me Ursu Mare, which translates as Big Bear. I (try to) live in Romania where last year I've discovered the joy of off-road adventures after I bought a Suzuki Jimny. I want to buy a FJC sometime next year, as I need a trunk for several-days-expeditions and a little bit more space around me while driving - the Jimny is a great off-road vehicle, but very cramped, I always hit the door with my elbow while turning the wheel, so I have to drive with the window open, which is not good while fighting with deep mud. And there is no real trunk...
I was looking for some reviews and photos and that's how I've ended up on this forum.
This will be my only post until the FJC dream comes true, though I will be doing a lot of reading around here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Hey Dan.

Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi from Atlanta metro! Just purchased a 2011 Army Green Trail Team and love it although haven't gone through first tank of gas yet! Always have had red vehicles and sold 2000 Lightning to get this: but still have red 2008 Shelby GT 500 'vert.

Lots of thoughts and ideas for mod: but looking forward to feedback from you guys..or gals. Manual doesn't have anything dealing with factory bumper driving lights? Know where the switch is: but doesn't turn on whether headlights on standard or bright?

Want airdam light kit: but would prefer 4 lights to 2 I've seen? Cannot exceed height of factory "basket" as only a couple of inches to spare entering garage.

Lots more about possible ARB front bumper, winch, brush guard, cold air intake, exhaust, etc. Will make individual posts later.

My handle might be a hint about being a firearms enthusiast, as evidenced by my user name. Former military, law enforcement and currently internet gun dealer, licensed FFL.

Looking forward to learning about my and your FJ's and meeting all of you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just traded in my H3 for my first FJ Cruiser. It's a new 2011, solid Army Green, with the TRD package. My question is, "is it possible I actually bought the Trail Team package?" The vehicle appears to have every option that the TT versions have. The only thing missing is the Trail Team logo on the rear of the vehicle. (Actually the dealership put their logo where the TT logo is usually found. Maybe I ought to peal it off but I can't see why they would cover something like that up). If I contacted Toyota with my VIN number shouldn't they be able to tell me if I have a true TT? Thanks for anyone's assistance. Either way I think it's one of the best moves I ever made. Enjoyed the H3 but would have bought the FJ in 2007 if I knew what I know now.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Just traded in my H3 for my first FJ Cruiser. It's a new 2011, solid Army Green, with the TRD package. My question is, "is it possible I actually bought the Trail Team package?" The vehicle appears to have every option that the TT versions have. The only thing missing is the Trail Team logo on the rear of the vehicle. (Actually the dealership put their logo where the TT logo is usually found. Maybe I ought to peal it off but I can't see why they would cover something like that up). If I contacted Toyota with my VIN number shouldn't they be able to tell me if I have a true TT? Thanks for anyone's assistance. Either way I think it's one of the best moves I ever made. Enjoyed the H3 but would have bought the FJ in 2007 if I knew what I know now.
Welcome!

Sounds as if you may have the "NSSE"model. If you look at your window sticker, you may see U.S. Package 3, and that will mean you got the NSSE. Also, a lack of the dash pod will be a good indicator.

Cheers!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Actually I do have the dash pod and the power inverter beneath the sub-woofer. Sorry for my ignorance but what does NSSE stand for? Still learning.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, everyone - new member here. Just purchased my 3rd FJ. My wife is now driving my second one, so we're a two-FJ family. Traded my first FJ for a 2010 Tacoma - didn't realize at the time that I was trading down! Very pleased to be at the controls of my own FJ once again. Looking forward to exchanging info and ideas with everyone! Keith

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hello, Just signed the papers and put $ down on a 2012 FJ Cruiser Black with 4X4, Upgrade package, running boards, hitch, Aux. driving lights, roof rack, wheel locks, floor/cargo mats & TRD Cat-back Exhaust.

The dealer would NOT let me get the Bilstein shocks out of the "Convenience package"
but I am thinking about a lift anyway (Any help or ideas on lifts would be great!).

Also, I am thinking about painting the white top black to match.

Should have it by the end of the year!

My first toyota!

Dox

·
Registered
271 Posts
hello, just started looking at the FJ this week..fell in love with it..I havent bought a new vehicle since I was 22 when I bought a 1988 Toy xtracab 4x4.... The FJ will be the first as soon as I can make a deal, hopefully before end of winter :) hope to get lots of good info here!! thanks - Paul

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats to Dox and Paul and Welcome both of you to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Just bought an 08 sandstorm 4x4, w/RR, e-locker, and A-trac with only 14k for mileage, so stoked on it, been a dream vehicle for me since they came out. Already tweaking the audio a bit then hopefully start in on the suspension :)

41 - 60 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.