Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just got a new 2014 Black FJC, and want to go offroading soon.
If anyone could answer some of these questions that I have, I would be really grateful.

1) Is this a good setup for easy trail riding?
My current plan for mods right now is this:
-Suspension Lift: either 3" toytec boss OR 3" OME lift.

-Wheels: black rock 908B YUMA matte black 17x8 wheels

- Tires: either Nitto Trail Grappler 305/75/17's OR Nitto Trail Grappler 295/75/17's

- Skid plates: NEED RECOMMENDATION

2) Will I need a chop, given the setup that I want.

3) If the above setup won't work, how can I get my FJC to look like this?https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-p_OJ1FrkT1Y/TxtbFMXlwfI/AAAAAAAAAFA/NLIlKAHe8Vg/s1127/Front3.JPG

· Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Welcome Donald !!!

Congrat's on the new FJ......

· Premium Member
813 Posts
Welcome.

If you want to look just like that one, you need a Demello bumper. There is still a group buy going on those so you could save some money. You also need rock rails. That one is running OEMs, but there are better, in my mind, options like Demello, All Pro, Pure, etc.

I would think you will want to do the BMC, but I do not know about the offset on those wheels.

You can read about skids here, but Bud Bilt, Ricochet and RCI are good options.

You can also figure out what lift you want here.

Have fun with it. Yes, your setup will handle easy trail rides. Stock will, so you are good.

· I Have a V-8!! Moderator
77,418 Posts
Welcome!

· Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome aboard!

· Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. I am pretty confident you will need the body mount chop with either of those tires. If you thinking bumpers and winch may be in your future I would go with the Boss lift over the OME. I started with OME and just upgraded to the Boss when I added front and rear bumpers along with a winch.

· Premium Member
32 Posts
Welcome!

· Registered
324 Posts
Welcome Donald.

· Registered
10,435 Posts
Welcome

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.