Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to FJs and just bought my first last week. 2014 army green. Had a great time driving all over west Virginia, and couldnt be happier with the car. (Glad I went with Fj over Jeep gladiator).

I had a small crack in the windshield and got it replaced before my trip. As we're rounding a curve on a windy mountainside, something flies off the front, hits my side view mirror, and disappears into the forest below. Turns out, the glass guys didnt re- attach the left fender filler (53832A) very well.

So now I'm new to Toyota parts catalog. I can find the part, but is this something I'm going to have to get color-matched or can I order it in the correct body color?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty sure you'll have to get it color matched but I could be mistaken. You should get a completely new set of clips from PureFJ and double check the other side. This is a common problem. If the installers don't use completely new clips on those peices, they're comin off.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I believe they all come black. So unless you can get lucky and find one at a salvage yard your probly going to have to get it color matched. :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I believe they all come black. So unless you can get lucky and find one at a salvage yard your probly going to have to get it color matched. :)
Correction: the guys at the glass place are going to have to get it color matched. In addition, I can almost guarantee the other side was not done using new clips and likely the cowl strip at the top of the glass was not done correctly. If i were OP, i would be raising hell at the "glass shop" that did the work and asking them to do it right this time.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Correction: the guys at the glass place are going to have to get it color matched. In addition, I can almost guarantee the other side was not done using new clips and likely the cowl strip at the top of the glass was not done correctly. If i were OP, i would be raising hell at the "glass shop" that did the work and asking them to do it right this time.
This!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello. I'm new to FJs and just bought my first last week. 2014 army green. Had a great time driving all over west Virginia, and couldnt be happier with the car. (Glad I went with Fj over Jeep gladiator).

I had a small crack in the windshield and got it replaced before my trip. As we're rounding a curve on a windy mountainside, something flies off the front, hits my side view mirror, and disappears into the forest below. Turns out, the glass guys didnt re- attach the left fender filler (53832A) very well.

So now I'm new to Toyota parts catalog. I can find the part, but is this something I'm going to have to get color-matched or can I order it in the correct body color?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
The majority of glass guys short cut and cause multiple issues.
I just went through this and after calling 3months in advance and going over everything he needed to have on hand, he called when he was ready.

Still ended up similar to your situation but removed it before it could take off.

There are 4 clips per corner. They should be replaced every time.
You can find on amazon much less than dealer pricing. Not sure of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
11,319 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the advice. Looks like I'm going to have to get it color matched. For the time being, I cut a green plastic flower pot in the right shape and have it secured with zip ties. Trying to keep leaves and rainwater out as much as possible. now I've got to try to squeeze money out of the glass guys. (and probably replace all the cowl clips as suggested, since I'm sure that was not done.) This FJ only had 29,000 miles and was a single owner car. PO was a woman who just drove her dogs to the park in it. Doubt it ever saw a dirt road, let alone a trail. It's such a bummer that 1 week in, my near perfect ride has lost a piece. now I wont feel so bad when I dink it on a treetrunk!

·
11,319 Posts
Long wait times at Automotivetouchup.com. I ordered an ARMY GREEN 6V7 pen last week and it said 3-4 weeks. However, I've ordered from them before and it is a perfect match.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

Sounds like you are on the right track..

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts