Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Julie(20) Chris(22) & our baby BrookLynn(16 months), we just got our new (to us) 2010 ice FJ yesterday! has 10k miles on it and 6speed MT and a TRD shifter, rear diff lock, A- trac, and all sorts of buttons we still need to figure out with
flat black phone dial wheels with 265/70/17 tires
so any helpful tips, good place to drive/off roading spots and where to get some reasonable priced accessories let me know!

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Welcome aboard from Tulsa!

Edited as I realized posted in AZ region.

You won't have any trouble finding accessories here. This forum is an invaluable resource for all modifications, except lowering your FJ.

There's a thread going now, and since you posted the way you did, was hoping you'd answer aquestion.

Who's FJ is it, yours or his? Search "Chicks and Fj's" to validate question.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
:wave:

Do LOTS of research on this forum before jumping into your aftermarket mods. Make sure to consider the Supporting Vendors for all your goodies. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Welcome and congrats.....great looking rig!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig!........:cheers:

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :clap: :clap:

AZ is a mecca for off-roading, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding someplace to have fun with your fantastic-looking FJ.

But, keep an eye on this sub-forum, as well as, AZFJ News for upcoming events and trail runs.

we still need to figure out with
flat black phone dial wheels
Ironically, you've got one of the most desirable set of wheels for an FJ. :cheers:

If you scan the Want-To-Buy section, you'll see everybody and their brother trying to track down a set of those steel gems.

In other words, hang onto them!! :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome from N Phx! Let me know if you want to go wheeling some time. I am new to the 4 wheeling and FJ world but excited to get out and do some trails.
A lot of the good trails around here are closed because of fire danger right now though...

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I'm a newbie too. Trying to find a shop to do my mods. Been off roading on my own at Lake Pleasant. Arizona Game and Fish have maps. Trails.com has offroad maps w GPS coordinates. Barnes and Noble has off road AZ maps and books. Went off roading with a Tacoma club in Gold Canyon area. My stock FJ did fine but recommend going w someone who has a winch or getting ur own. It was used several times. Still trying to find a group that gets together like the Tacoma gang do. There seems to be a big request for this but nothing really organized. AZFJ meets in Payson. Pretty far. Let me know if u find a meet. email is best

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Welcome to both from Tulsa!

I'll reiterate researching here for all mods, before spending any money.
Advice I give, but regretfully didn't take.

Forum is an invaluable resource, and full of members who are more than willing to assist.

A consideration to give thought to, since one post claimed to be looking for mod shop. Do as much of your modifications, as feasible, yourself. Advice given I did take, and I have a better understanding, and an increased passion for, since heeding.

For what it's worth.

Delancy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!! You will have no problems finding a spot to drive your FJ in any part of AZ. Have Fun and be sure to include the family in the plans for the FJ....trail running, modding, whatever it is take the family into account.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ello and welcome. AZ is filled with tons of places. The best way to get acquainted with your rig is to go on an azfj Friday night run. They meet up every Friday night at 630 and hit the trail at 7. They meet up on the west frontage road at table mesa rd exit on i17. Im nearly all stock and I haven't had any problems going where they do. Great people and very knowledgeable. They do the trails according do the least modded rig. That being said, I also go off roading, at least once a week. Normally Thursday or Friday during the day. I go to Prescott, sedona, flagstaff, payson. A wide variety of trails I've been getting an outdoor group together on Facebook called AZ trek. Includes hiking, camping, biking, tubing. Still in the works. You can check it out on facebook. Hit me up anytime you want to run some local trails. There's lots.a

·
Registered
11 Posts
ello and welcome. AZ is filled with tons of places. The best way to get acquainted with your rig is to go on an azfj Friday night run. They meet up every Friday night at 630 and hit the trail at 7. They meet up on the west frontage road at table mesa rd exit on i17. Im nearly all stock and I haven't had any problems going where they do. Great people and very knowledgeable. They do the trails according do the least modded rig. That being said, I also go off roading, at least once a week. Normally Thursday or Friday during the day. I go to Prescott, sedona, flagstaff, payson. A wide variety of trails I've been getting an outdoor group together on Facebook called AZ trek. Includes hiking, camping, biking, tubing. Still in the works. You can check it out on facebook. Hit me up anytime you want to run some local trails. There's lots.a
Captain - I tried searching for that AZ Trek FB group but can't find it. Do you have a link? I'm doing a road trip from OKC to Sedona and Grand Canyon this fall and wanted to see if anyone had pointers on "off the map" (in a sense) camping spots around Sedona with amazing views.

Thank ya!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Captain - I tried searching for that AZ Trek FB group but can't find it. Do you have a link? I'm doing a road trip from OKC to Sedona and Grand Canyon this fall and wanted to see if anyone had pointers on "off the map" (in a sense) camping spots around Sedona with amazing views.

Thank ya!
Check out AZFJ.org

The area around Sedona/Schnebly Hill Rd is pretty awesome, great views for camping and requires 4wd/high clearance so we've never had trouble getting spots.

Other than that, find BLM areas and if you camp near the Canyon, beware as Tribal laws are a bit different and they don't really mess around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts