Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. My wife took a ride with me today and brought her new CD set. "Queen's greatest hits I II II" and it rocks, in an "old school sort of way" The FJammer performed nead flawlessly, only suffering from a shortage of mid range.
Overall the voice, music , imaging, highs and lows are superb. Some if not most won't agree, but with a little more mid range it would be great... Ron

Disclaimer: Old man music and hot middle -age woman music... you decide.. LOL

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I totally agree, the mid range sucks, Some recorded music comes thru right and even some of the new stuff does not sound right. Some of my fav music suks in the Fj!!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be very esay to add a little mid to the FJ.. Just boosting the door speakerkers would help a lot. The bass rooks for most of our music,,, Cheers... Ron

I totally agree, the mid range sucks, Some recorded music comes thru right and even some of the new stuff does not sound right. Some of my fav music suks in the Fj!!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's room for opinions.. I think it's quite good for a factory system; just a little light on the mids.. Granted, a lot depends on what one listens too and at what volume. I upgraded my first car stereo in 1969 and this one sound a lot better than that one did.. LOL... Cheers.. Ron

The midrange and highs suck with the factory system. You see why as soon as you remove the door panel...total crap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The midrange and highs suck with the factory system. You see why as soon as you remove the door panel...total crap.
There's enough high end to make my ears bleed. It all depends on what you listen to and the physiology of your particular ear. I've ridden with people who complain about the lack of high end in other vehicles and their systems make my skull want to explode.

It's hard for a factory system to perfectly replicate any and all forms of music. When I listen to P-funk cranked all the way up, the low end can get a bit muddy. When I listen to Andres Segovia, the high end can sound a little thin.

All in all, the FJammer does a very credible job for a factory sound system.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hello.. My wife took a ride with me today and brought her new CD set. "Queen's greatest hits I II II" and it rocks, in an "old school sort of way" The FJammer performed nead flawlessly, only suffering from a shortage of mid range.
Overall the voice, music , imaging, highs and lows are superb. Some if not most won't agree, but with a little more mid range it would be great... Ron

Disclaimer: Old man music and hot middle -age woman music... you decide.. LOL
big queen fan,i have quite a few queen cds, but i just have std radio in fj not the jammer

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I have the FJammer but I changed out the speakers to MBQuarts all the way around with a Polk 8" in the stock box. I powered the two 6x9 three ways in the door with the front channel and the sub with the rear channel of a rocksford fosgate amp. The 3.5s in the dash and rear are powered off the deck and it sounds great to me. The best part is it all looks stock.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sounds like a excellent idea.. For my uses I would like replace and power-up the door speakers. That would fix the mid problem. There may be other hi sensitivity mid add-ons that would work.. Ron

I have the FJammer but I changed out the speakers to MBQuarts all the way around with a Polk 8" in the stock box. I powered the two 6x9 three ways in the door with the front channel and the sub with the rear channel of a rocksford fosgate amp. The 3.5s in the dash and rear are powered off the deck and it sounds great to me. The best part is it all looks stock.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I bought the speakers on EBay for cheap but you need an amp if you plan on switching speakers, the FJammer does not have enough power to push decent speakers. If you get an amp to power the new speakers without the sub, the new speakers with overpower the stock sub and you will not hear the bass. I love the way my system sounds but if I did it all over again I might take a look at seperates up front.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes.. The speaker placement is not the best. The door speaker location is too low and requires a lot of output to reach ear level. If one could come up with a straght on location, like the front of the dash, a small hi-sensitivity mid would do the job without overpowering the others.. Cheers.. Ron

I bought the speakers on EBay for cheap but you need an amp if you plan on switching speakers, the FJammer does not have enough power to push decent speakers. If you get an amp to power the new speakers without the sub, the new speakers with overpower the stock sub and you will not hear the bass. I love the way my system sounds but if I did it all over again I might take a look at seperates up front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts