·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Looks mean, I like it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the narrower grille and the raised hood in the center would make it look more like the 40 then the current version.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Ehhh... looks like a FJ Cruiser mixed with a VW Baja Bug.

Not to mention in your drawing, it looks very "bulldog" because it's squatty and the tires stick out wide. Tires are not supposed to stick out beyond the body of a vehicle. At least here in FL. Though I have never seen this enforced.

Also, I don't need my car to say the name of my car in big letters all over it.

Nice concept though. But I would like to see more. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ehhh... looks like a FJ Cruiser mixed with a VW Baja Bug.

Not to mention in your drawing, it looks very "bulldog" because it's squatty and the tires stick out wide. Tires are not supposed to stick out beyond the body of a vehicle. At least here in FL. Though I have never seen this enforced.

Also, I don't need my car to say the name of my car in big letters all over it.

Nice concept though. But I would like to see more. :bigthumb:
lol, well, the only reason it says TOYOTA on the grile is cause of the old and new fj. I always liked that.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
lol, well, the only reason it says TOYOTA on the grile is cause of the old and new fj. I always liked that.
I was referencing the "FJ CRUISER" across the front windshield and the "FJ" on the rear glass.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I would rather see this with a soft top option..

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I agree that this is what I would like to see. Icon, no not the suspension guys, builds repro old style 40 series rigs with modern tech built in and they sell for over $100K. Toyota should take a hint from this and produce something similar for the masses. Something like the photo below with all the modern day goodies would sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I agree that this is what I would like to see. Icon, no not the suspension guys, builds repro old style 40 series rigs with modern tech built in and they sell for over $100K. Toyota should take a hint from this and produce something similar for the masses. Something like the photo below with all the modern day goodies would sell like hotcakes.

Yes but keep the IFS, I have enough issues with my jeep.:lol:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
how about this?
I know I'm just being nit-picky and annoying, sorry. The front end is too busy. You've got fender edges, bumper wings, hood scoop, emblem, grill, etc... That is a lot of little details that crowd the bigger picture. It would be the same thing as if you were to buy nothing but really nice art and furniture for you house, but you buy a sh!t ton of it. No matter how nice it is, if it's crowded it wont be esthetically pleasing.

I do like how it is looking a little more retro, up front. I liked your body lines more in the first picture, but the "concept" of the front end that I can see you're gravitating towards the second is better. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts