Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uncle sam is giving my back some of my money this year and I am tring to decide how best to spend it on my rig. What would be the best next step gears arb locker and 315/75/16" tires or run the 34" tires and get a lefty about the same cost either way. Will I have more breakage with the first option or the second? I have a good set of 34 10.50 ltb's for tires now I do not need tires but bigger is better right! :simmadown:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
My votes the lefty. I'd stick with 34s anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Uncle sam is giving my back some of my money this year and I am tring to decide how best to spend it on my rig. What would be the best next step gears arb locker and 315/75/16" tires or run the 34" tires and get a lefty about the same cost either way. Will I have more breakage with the first option or the second? I have a good set of 34 10.50 ltb's for tires now I do not need tires but bigger is better right! :simmadown:
I've heard rumours that a lefty with a set of competition gears and 30 spline chro-moly output shafts will be for sale in the near future. Probably at a very good price.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I've heard rumours that a lefty with a set of competition gears and 30 spline chro-moly output shafts will be for sale in the near future. Probably at a very good price.
I'd be interested if the rumors ever hold true.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lefty has really got my eye cause it would be an easy installation too. The hard part would be learning how to crawl the rocks instead of point and shoot about run over my spotter at the last rockcrawl competition sorry gibson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts