Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my new FJ. I tried it out on a small and (for the FJ) easy trail in Redding, while I was visiting a colleague. During the next weekend I'd like to try something else, maybe slightly more difficult. I live on the S. Francisco peninsula... I am new to the country and I don't know exactly how bad the traffic both on the freeway and the trails will be on the Independence Day weekend.

Any advice?

bye, thank you
Alessio

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
WEll welcome to the forum and the addiction that will come from mods to the FJ.. This might not be the greatest weeknd for a trip since everything is bound to be packed.. But if you want to brave it you can try Hollister, Frank rains, Cranegie. I know there are some parks up around Sacramanto.. Hope to see you out on the trail sometime.. Just not next weekend...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
So you're saying it will be very crowded... but you know, I have to try my new vehicle :) Thank you for the information!

bye
I think it will.. yeha I understand about getting out there to test your new rig.. I have a new lift on mine and I have not had a chance to test it out..
But since I cannot stand being in line to get on a trail this weekend is out for me.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hollister Hills SVRA is pretty nice and has quite a few trails. Attached is the link for Hollister.
Thank you. I has a look at the website and they have some small maps. Do you know if I can get better maps? Maybe they have maps for sale at the entrance?

Which part or trail do you think I should begin with? I think I'm planning to go there Saturday morning.

Thank you
as

·
Registered
142 Posts
Manoweb,

You do get a map, I don't remember how detailed it is but will try to find mine to refresh my memory and give you a better idea what they provide. The trails are marked like ski runs in black, blue, and green for difficulty level.

First time I went, I explored Hector Heights, the Quarry, and checked out the obstacle course. You will find the stock FJ is very capable.

The Norcal guys went there beginning of May and posted a report with some pics. Unfortunately I missed that run but check it out.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...rcal-fjs-hollister-hills-svra-05-10-08-a.html

PB

·
Registered
142 Posts
You get a map at the Rangers station where you pay your day use fee. The map is pretty good, should be able to find your way around pretty easy using it. As I said they rate the trails and I did all the intermediate trails in my stock FJ.

If you and Steve meet for a beer on Thursday, I can show you the map. Steve spent more time there and can probably tell you the challenging trails to hit.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts