Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will stay at the lot at that price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering it's in Canada, that could be considered a deal, even though exchange is bloody near equal, say with a new '11 super duty diesel, you'd find the same truck on both sides of the border, the US one would be 20 grand cheaper. Sucks really, bottom line price can easily be 25% more just because it's in Canada. Really irritating.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just priced out a loaded US spec'd off road model, and a Canadian model, the US model retail is cheaper than a base model Cdn fj, and I'm looking at a retail of 10 grand more for a loaded off-road, just for the metric speedometer. Nice!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just priced out a loaded US spec'd off road model, and a Canadian model, the US model retail is cheaper than a base model Cdn fj, and I'm looking at a retail of 10 grand more for a loaded off-road, just for the metric speedometer. Nice!!!!
you only have to pay duty 6.1% because an FJ is made in Japan...plus your RIV fees and as long as it has DRL's and a ignition imobilizer...they all have KMH on the speedo even if it is a bit smaller...you can bring it to Canada...you have to get a safety certifcate and an emmision test in Ontario...and you get your plates...there are a few other minor details...but for a 20 - 40% discount on some makes and models its worth the effort...only thing a dealer will not sell you a brand new one...pm if you want more details

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
link didn't work for me. no picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts