Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Madman, How bout meet up at 515 in the home depot parking lot to swap that bent LCA.
shouldn't take more than 10 min
I'm just about out the door.
Bummer!! I must have logged off right before you posted! Sorry I wasn't able to make it up, but i hope you all had a great time!! I really appreciate your offer, and wish I would have seen it before now! I should have my new LCA thursday or Friday. If I make the trip down to Commerce City, would you still be willing to help me swap it out? Doesn't look too complicated, but always nice to have someone experienced around in case something goes wrong. Still debating whether I should have the alignment checked after I swap it out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great run tonight, the stars were shining bright. 1st time doing Miller Rock. No worries, no one got stuck, there wasn't enough snow to have to worry about it. It was cool to make some new FJ friends to go wheeling with. Thanks ocr14a for putting together the night run, we look forward to the next one.:cheers:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Agreed. Tonight was a perfect time for a short run. We had a great time meeting all of you. Thanks again guys. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Ouray.:wave:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Definitely a fun time last night. Thanks for coming out, everybody (and thanks to Rob for alerting us to the fact that this trail was still doable).

Much of the trail cutting that was done on the 1st was drifted over. So, we still had a couple places that took a little reving and bashing (for the leader anyway) to get through.

Other than those rare spots though, it was smooth and easy the whole way (much like in the summer, but with some snow added and the sun's light removed). :rocker:

When we arrived at the gate, I locked it with the only good lock left (someone cut another of their locks just recently, and the Ranch has to keep replacing them).

On that note, perhaps we could get a donation together and buy them a new lock (or set of locks) or something. I've always thought it would be nice to do something to thank them for letting us roll through their place after a trail run like that. So, I'll think about it and see what comes of it. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Anyway, It's hard to imagine a better B-day present than wheeling with friends in the snow at night.

It was nice to see an old friend (OK, you're not old, I am, but still...) and meet some new ones.

FJC Boulder, we'll see you out there sometime soon I'm sure. :bigthumb:

OK_FJ, I hope you've enjoyed your time in Paradise, and hope you guys have a safe trip back home. See you in July. :cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
this sounded pretty good....i'm finally back from treking across the country can't wait to get out soon
missed you out there, Rob.
Do you still want to do the installs, or did you get that done already?.....I forget if you said.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
missed you out there, Rob.
Do you still want to do the installs, or did you get that done already?.....I forget if you said.
I still have to do them however my girlfriend is out here still till the 19th so after that day i would be looking to put the joint skids on and hammer out the bend and sand and repaint the rusted area :lol:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry it took me so long, guys, but I'm getting back into it finally...

Here's the link to my page about this trail run -->LINK<--

21 - 29 of 29 Posts