Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I was sort of interested in a night run and I know there were some impromptu ones, but somehow I didn't hear about them until afterward. No big deal.

But I just got a set of driving lights and I'm pretty excited about them so I was wondering whether there is a way to include an official night run in the program.

I don't know whether that would be allowed under whatever agreement the summit has with the town and the forest service or if the liability is too high. If it is possible I would definitely be interested.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am in for a night run, or three.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
There are night runs every night, but as far as an official one, you'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are night runs every night, but as far as an official one, you'll just have to wait and see.
I know there are ... but as I said I always seem to miss the departure or I don't find about them until after a beer or two, so if it's not an administrative issue and there is interest why not add it to the program?

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I know there are ... but as I said I always seem to miss the departure or I don't find about them until after a beer or two, so if it's not an administrative issue and there is interest why not add it to the program?
If it is added to the program, then it is endorsed by the official event. In the past there was concern that our forest service permit did not cover night runs, but we are looking into that this year. So, "wait and see", it might be an official part this year.

Last year there was an organized night poughkeepsie run that had it's own thread and everyone knew when it was going to happen. I'm sure there will be something similar this year, so just check back here when the event gets closer.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is added to the program, then it is endorsed by the official event. In the past there was concern that our forest service permit did not cover night runs, but we are looking into that this year. So, "wait and see", it might be an official part this year.

Last year there was an organized night poughkeepsie run that had it's own thread and everyone knew when it was going to happen. I'm sure there will be something similar this year, so just check back here when the event gets closer.
Yeah I figured there might be liability concerns with the forest service. I'll try and keep my eyes open. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It looks like I might be able to go this year and I missed the night runs also last year. I won a set of light force lights at Pismo and just put them on. I'm ready for a night run so count me in if we make it. We can find some more mud this time!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
It looks like I might be able to go this year and I missed the night runs also last year. I won a set of light force lights at Pismo and just put them on. I'm ready for a night run so count me in if we make it. We can find some more mud this time!
Who knows on mud. If the snowpack is any indication, you'll probably have to hope for a lot of rain to get much mud. We have less snow than last year, so it might be another dry one. The year before was muddy on every single run, so you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts