Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
Mrs. PR still breaks my stones about trading the 05 X SE on a Versa HB. saved myself when we got rid of the Versa for the FJ.
But I did like the X when we had it. I was just amazed at out easily they corrode and rust in just a few years. Nissan kinda lost me with all their recalls and my buddy had horrible dealer service and repair issues with 2 Frontiers, his and hers same year... they lost him as a continued customer...

anyway, I wouldn`t mind having another X stock in the stable...
all my buds say they are junk tho... to each his own...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Saw a pretty heavily modified XTerra at Flatirons the other night while at the movies, he had stickers all over it including "FJ Recovery Vehicle" on the back window. I parked right next to him :rofl:

Neighbor of mine has a pretty nicely modded XTerra, don't see them out on the trails too often though. Keep an eye out on the Colorado forum, it's slow now with the snow but around April/May (with the low snowfall) it will pick up like crazy.

Just be sure to not flaunt your 1st place review over the FJ in Car & Driver around these parts :rofl::

2006 Hummer H3 vs. 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2006 Nissan Xterra, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Comparison Tests

Something tells me that if the demo FJ had come with bavarian leather seats, that would have knocked it up a few points...

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mrs. PR still breaks my stones about trading the 05 X SE on a Versa HB. saved myself when we got rid of the Versa for the FJ.
But I did like the X when we had it. I was just amazed at out easily they corrode and rust in just a few years. Nissan kinda lost me with all their recalls and my buddy had horrible dealer service and repair issues with 2 Frontiers, his and hers same year... they lost him as a continued customer...

anyway, I wouldn`t mind having another X stock in the stable...
all my buds say they are junk tho... to each his own...:cheers:
I cant say that the newer X is any more capable then the older ones but.... The corrosion resistance and things of those natures are drastically improved since 05. We conduct majority of all nissan corrision testing for NorthAmerican platforms here in AZ. The vehicles go through roughly a accerlated 15 years worth of corrosion as if it was driving every day for 15 years on a beach, by cycling use of special corrosion chambers&rough roads.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
:wave:

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
I cant say that the newer X is any more capable then the older ones but.... The corrosion resistance and things of those natures are drastically improved since 05. We conduct majority of all nissan corrision testing for NorthAmerican platforms here in AZ. The vehicles go through roughly a accerlated 15 years worth of corrosion as if it was driving every day for 15 years on a beach, by cycling use of special corrosion chambers&rough roads.
Good to know, Thanks!:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thats pretty cool. Sounds like a fun job as well!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts