Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get booted off this thread, let me explain...

I'm running 18's on her now and I want run the same tire (275/70/18 toyo's mt) for the spare. I can get a single titan 18" wheel for under 100 bucks to use. Looking for one of the steelies but they don't come by often, so it would be one of the 5 spokes. I'll just leave the center cap off and maybe paint it gun metal to match my volks and make them unnoticable. I don't plan on carring the spare all the time, only when on an excursion.

They are identical in size (18X8, 6 lugs), but i'm not sure of the offset and backspacing.

Does anybody know if I should have a problem fitting the wheel?

thanks,
tony
2008 4x4 sandstorm

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm not too sure on the offset and backspacing of those rims but I'm pretty sure the lug pattern is the same. The only other issue would be the bore of the center hole of the rim. You might have to get them bored out to fit, which most likely is the case. If the bore is larger than Toyota's, then I don't think you can use them. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure on the offset and backspacing of those rims but I'm pretty sure the lug pattern is the same. The only other issue would be the bore of the center hole of the rim. You might have to get them bored out to fit, which most likely is the case. If the bore is larger than Toyota's, then I don't think you can use them. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks fjeeezee
I haven't thought about the center hole diameter. Looking at the picture of the wheel of the Titan, they do look smaller than the FJ, but I'll try to take some measurement to make sure.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Titan's stock 18x8 is 25mm offset(5" back space) 77.8mm hub, you would have to use a bolt on space with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, jtmroczk...what's the size of the hub on the fj? and would i be able to purchase a spacer from any 4x4 retailer?

hey truckhigh, i'll try to get some pictures with the volks te37 on Toyos this weekend...

·
Registered
878 Posts
thanks for the info, jtmroczk...what's the size of the hub on the fj? and would i be able to purchase a spacer from any 4x4 retailer?

hey truckhigh, i'll try to get some pictures with the volks te37 on Toyos this weekend...

your welcome, I think the hub is 108mm(4.25") iirc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts