Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually leaned on a stack of these tires today at a tire distributor, while i was working on his telephone system these babys were 40 by something lt 17 inchers, monsters...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
mine are 33" on stock alloy 17inch wheels....they are definitely stout tires...8 ply and i love them.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
not sure about that but I know they are heavy and tough as hell......my BFGs never could take sidewall hits like these but those were the BFG AT in 1990s...sure they are better now.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Brock is right. I in fact had a sidewall hit on my BFG's and have had no issues with my Nittos, even though they I was a little excessive in ordering 325/65/18. 130lbs each!

With these tires on the last Death Valley FJ run, I would stop and wait for the guys at five minute stretches. Often I would wait a couple minutes. Once I went off a curve too fast and through some really nasty sharp rocks at about forty and just got back on the road to blast off again

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am glad to be hearing praises for these tires. I will be having them put on tomorrow in 295/70 on stock alloys. I can hardly wait. I have been having dreams about them.:rocker:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
we threw a set of these on my buddy's truck a couple weeks ago and he loves them. He said they are not that loud for as incredibly aggressive they are. I'm gonna get some when I order my new wheels (still trying to decide on which beadlocks to go wiht)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts