Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found the nitto terra graplers i want for $170 each, its a pretty good price. but then i found the yokohama a/t-s for $120 each and now i cant decide.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i found the nitto terra graplers i want for $170 each, its a pretty good price. but then i found the yokohama a/t-s for $120 each and now i cant decide.
I cannot comment on the Yoko's, but I just scored a set of Terra Grapplers (LT's) and they are the most awesome tires I've ever owned. I have two FJ's and I'm putting another set on my other FJ this upcoming weekend.

Go for the LT's (10 Ply E Class). They should last forever. But if you don't offroad, you might want to consider the P's (4 plys). The tread on the LT's is really deep. Much deeper than the P's/

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've had the Yoko's on mine for 4 years. They are P-rated stock size and have been holding up really well. My only gripe is they were'nt any good in really cold weather. I have about 75k Km on they and this is their last summer. They've held up fine for light off-roading. (Better than Toyo Open Country which I think are related to Nitto. I had those on an full size chev and put small rock through the tread on first 2 trip off road. Never happened with the Yokos on the FJ same areas same driving.) I've rotated them often. Sligthly noisier than stock. No aquaplaning, great wet traction and have stayed balanced. Maybe a little rougher than stock but they track better. Never had a problem with traction except below -10C. I have dedicated winter tires on steelies. Depending on the type of wheeling you do they could do the trick. Like it was mentioned, the LT's have deeper treads but are also much heavier reducing mpg's and performance a little.

·
fka yotaman
718 Posts
i have the terras...ive had them on my fj for almost 30k...they still look almost brand new...the ride is great and never had a traction problem with them...i would also recommend the LT's....if u like the terras but not the price u could look into some toyo's...they are almost the exact tire...i think they are even made by the same company

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I’ve used the Yokohama A/T’s on my old Subaru Forester and they were awesome. They held up great in slush and mud (yes, I abused the Subaru), and were fantastic on the freeway. They would be great for a daily driver that goes off-road on the weekends. If I can get rif of my stock Duelers, I'm getting the Yokohamas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the Terra Graplers but hated them. They were no good in the snow or heavy rain in my opinion. I went with the Cooper Discoverer STT as a replacement.

Note: I have 2 Terra Graplers still in good shape to anyone reading this that may want them pm me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts