Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this yellow 2007 FJ last February from a great guy in Phoenix, Az. It was extremely clean, only 24000 miles on it. My son, 19, and just starting college, continues to push me to upgrade, which is going pretty darn slow, with tuition expenses and all.

We’ve made a few local trips since then with a 4x4 group at our church; Rio Puerco, Cedro Peak and Jemez Mountains. These were pretty easy trips but a lot of fun non the less. We’ve got clearance from the Mrs. and plan to head up to the FJ Summit in Ouray this summer, which looks amazing.

Some minor modifications below:
- 3” spacer/spring lift
- Hi-Lift and Shovel
- Painted Grill and Wheel Caps
- 33” KM2 Mud Terrains

·
Registered
599 Posts
MrPlatz - Welcome to the club. We have a pretty active NMFJ group - check out the New Mexico thread under the region banner. Nice rig. Hopefully we will see you out there on the trails.

·
Registered
179 Posts
good looking FJ. Slow and steady always wins the race.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Gentlemen seems I have caught the modding bug and have proceeded to add a few more items to my Tonka.

In the last 2 weeks I have ordered and installed,
-Bandi CB mount and CB radio
-"Source" CO2 and Fire Extinguisher
-ARB Ez Deflator
-All-Pro Sliders (coming in next week)

This is the Bandi mount and CB. My son had seen another FJ with a magnetic CB mount and thought he could do something similar, and this is what we came up with, works amazingly well using old harddrive magnets.

Here is the Source CO2 and some other nice offroading goodies :cheers:

Rock sliders come in next week and will be painting and installing them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow Mark - It didn't take you long to go shopping! Nice Job with the credit card. Let the madness begin - you have only begun to scratch the surface. Keep us posted on the next addition. See ya soon.
Paul

·
Registered
876 Posts
You'd better check your temperature, I think you've got "the fever". Nice Tonka! Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Nice truck! It looks like mine. :) Looking forward to seeing it with the sliders.

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Great looking FJ! Look forward to seeing you on one of our NM trails. Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little Update,

Hit the trails at Cedro Peak this last weekend, found some new cool stuff, also got to test out the new All-Pro Sliders!

Here are some pics,

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Nice rig! I'm here in Albuquerque as well and just don't get out wheeling enough. You up for some exploring...I still have not headed out to the Rio Puerco yet...

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I need some updates. I know this is thread resurrection but I saw a pic of your rig in another post on the forum and now you have some suspension and tire upgrades. I saw Icon and MTR/k tires. Updates please :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts