Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought our first FJ (2007). It is my wifes daily driver (for now). My question to this forum is- has anyone put in carpet?
We have searched the internet and have not found any carpet made for the FJ.

I am ok without it but it is my wifes vehicle and it is good to keep your wife happy.

This forum is great. I have learned a lot about the FJ from the posts- thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Why would you want to ?!?!?! Jk, I haven't seen a carpet kit for an FJ yet. But like most things...You pay enough money, and someone will do it!!!
Good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should have bolded the part that says "It is my wifes daily driver (for now)." :)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Take her out for a trail ride in some wet weather. If she can see the ease of cleaning up without carpet, it might work.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Get her a set of carpet mats.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
What is her reason for wanting/liking carpet?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I still have the carpet foot mat set that came with my FJ. Still in the plastic, I was thinking of selling them just never got around to it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Our minivan has lots of carpet.:cheers:

The FJ is smoooooooooooooooooooooooooth.:cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i love the fact that the fj has no carpet and the hard plastic interior.

no vacuuming necessary.

but you know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life".

good luck man.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We have a 2011 Brick FJ and I admit sometimes it's cool to not have carpet to mess up. BUT...having said that, the wife and I don't wheel much and having carpet to sink our bare toes into would be nice. No need to have all over carpet, just some nice after-market carpeted mats that are there when you want em to be and out when you need to get your floor messy!

Now I have to say that the factory carpet mats that were optional were pitiful.........especially for the price they wanted. So I went online and found some carpet mats made just for the FJ and we love them. They're thick and plush and don't interfere with the gas pedal at all. Follow the link below. We ordered the front and back seat carpets plus the cargo area. Paid about $225 I think.

LLOYD® - Ultimats™ Custom Carpet Floor & Cargo Mats - 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Floor Mats

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
No carpet was the Number 1 reason we wanted the FJ (and there were 20 other good reasons behind that one). Dogs and carpet are not a good mix!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Carpet? We don' need no steeennnnkkkinnnn' carpet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts