Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
To add to the No Deceleration, I took mt fj to a certified ase or what ever that 3 letter abbreviation is, he pluged it into the computer, no codes showed up. He checked for toyota service bullitens, there is one to flash the computer. New programs put in will reprogram the trans, fixing the dow shifting. I will go to the dealer Monday. I will find out what that will cost.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Just remembered something from years go which happened to one of the forum member and he had the same issues that you had. So long story short. The dealer narrowed it down to the throttle positioning sensor or the "gas pedal" since it is drive by wire and they changed it and everything went back to normal. It was not throwing any code since it was only dead by 10% unfortunately the computer will not pick it up until it is completely dead. It is worth looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Admin
7,119 Posts
To add to the No Deceleration, I took mt fj to a certified ase or what ever that 3 letter abbreviation is, he pluged it into the computer, no codes showed up. He checked for toyota service bullitens, there is one to flash the computer. New programs put in will reprogram the trans, fixing the dow shifting. I will go to the dealer Monday. I will find out what that will cost.
You have a manual transmission? When you lift your foot off the gas pedal there is no change? Are you pressing the clutch in as well at that time?

I'm skeptical that there is an issue..... (I'm a skeptic by nature though so don't take it personal, lol).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts