Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i yet to recieve a email about the up coming summit registertion?
I pre reserved and put my name out but nothing.

Also got no info pack from ouray?

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
i yet to recieve a email about the up coming summit registertion?
QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, I did receive an email either.

I put the Summit info right up there with the Toyota Air Dam and TRD Supercharger. It's coming soon!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same here. Nothing.

In the consumer electronics industry, this would be called "vaporware."

Lots of pretty pictures but no product available yet.

This event is only seven weeks out.

Folks around the country have other commitments and schedules to arrange.

Not much time left.

I circled the cancellation deadlines for our motel reservations -- just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I spoke with Terry at All Pro yesterday. He stated he had heard from them and that the insurance issue has been resolved. I would assume we will be hearing from them soon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm planning on being there either way....organized FJ Summit or not. I think most of us feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
also wondering

Too thoughs in charge is there anything we can do to help get registertion up little faster?

·
Premium Member
714 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
you all have to understand that this sort of thread is insulting. I have spent (as well as thenookie and t2cruiser, among others.......many, many hours and days planning this

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Careful Jason, i'll have to edit your messages.

For everyone's info:

the only thing holding up registration is a confirmation from PayPal regarding our non profit status. Paperwork was sent in today via fax. They will confirm tomorrow. If you preregistered you will get an email to register first. then it will go public.

Any questions. Email me. I bite, but not too hard.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
you all have to understand that this sort of thread is insulting. I have spent (as well as thenookie and t2cruiser, among others.......many, many hours and days planning this
Sorry, I thank you all for all the hard work you have been doing, we have no idea how much work you all have been doing. We all owe you guys a drink or something. I know I was just wanting to ease the load if it was possible.

And ya what is up with this forum not coming up on the active list?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
You have all done a great job in planning it and putting up with all the posts! I have planned some fairly big conferences, but nothing out of the state i live in - i haven't had to get insurance or bank accounts, etc. and i'm pretty sure not as big as this one!! I have had to solicit donations and food and i know it can be a tough job!

Thank you for all you are doing planning this awesome event! T2 has my contact info for help with volunteering if you need it!!

Now people, calm down and get ready to have fun!! :roller:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I've already been chewed up one side and down the other for comment I made in a prior thread. No wonder I didn't say anything in this one.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I've already been chewed up one side and down the other for comment I made in a prior thread. No wonder I didn't say anything in this one.
Good choice! Ask nice questions get nice answers! :roller:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
The same could be said when help was offered and the response I received from you was that everything was taken care of.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Bostonian,

I understand your feelings. But bare in mind that many have to make specific plans, arrangements, for lodging, pets, vacation time, vehicle maintenance and a sorted list of other things that may pop up.

Most just want updates. I tried to let them know that information was coming, but still it is very late for information to arrive. I understand the problems you are facing, but each and everyone that plans on attending has their own problems to overcome also.

Most of us will go not matter what happens, because we have scheduled our vactions around those dates and that area. Have a little patience with the group, because most have shown a lot of patience with you guys.

No slam, I know how hard this is to do and how little recognition you get from it. I did it for years for Kawasaki Racing and with my own mountain bike team at Nationals. A lot of work, and I appreciate all you have done.

Great time to be had soon guys. Just keep the faith.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Got to say thats a little out of line in my opinion. I have planned events like this before and know and appreciate all the work it takes, however the last time you posted anything on the sticky thread "Updated FJ Summit Information" was 3/20 and that didn't really offer much info. I think all people want to know is the status, good or bad so THEY can plan to be there. No one was insulting you or saying you were doing a bad job. You post a lot in all of the forums, a couple on that thread would have been nice.

Thank you and everyone who has worked on this for all your efforts.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sorry guys,

I would have seen this earlier but I was in a computer security meeting all day today, and I missed this. I'm going to be sending an email to everyone who pre-registered tonight/real, real early tomorrow morning with a link to the registration website. There will be two options to pay. Either by mail or by PayPal. We would highly recommend PayPal since it makes our lives easier with not having to deposit checks or money orders, and we can get you your confirmation for registration to you within a day, as opposed to however long it takes the mailman to bring us your check.

Once you register, we will be sending your mailing information to the Chamber of Commerce in Ouray, and they will send you a welcome information packet with all sorts of information on the town of Ouray.

Again I apologize for the late setup of the registration. We know we have people who have made both financial and time sacrifices so that they can come to the summit. We also know there some who have planned their entire summer vacation around this event which I think is great! This has been a huge undertaking and we have run into some road blocks with the event that we did not anticipate taking as long as they did. But rest assured, there will be an email in your inbox when check email tomorrow morning.

Take care, and if you have any questions, email me at [email protected] or send me a PM.

Seth

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
You guys have obviously done lots of works in preparation for this event. I think this will just be a little bump in the grand scheme of things. Come on, If this was the biggest problem with the event planning and event, we will all be blessed. Keep up the good work and I for one look forward to meeting all of you.
AZFJer's Ouray bound :) :) :)

thanks
Don

1 - 20 of 27 Posts