Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post up often so apologies to the gang here.

The fjc is no fun in the snow as all the BS nanny things kick in. To slide around corners in 2wd and drift like Ken Block reveals that this thing is a total buzzkill.

How do I disable ABS and traction control, VSC or whatever it's called to give me joy?

*I miss my FJ40.

·
Registered
483 Posts
haha yeah it blows but theres a wire plug you pull in the engine bay, heres a pic, its circled in a blurry effect, cause i dont have photoshop lol
your ebrake light will come on, once you plug back in, turn off the engine then turn it back on to reset everything...but becareful, youll mess up your tires if you do it too much like me lol
I don't post up often so apologies to the gang here.

The fjc is no fun in the snow as all the BS nanny things kick in. To slide around corners in 2wd and drift like Ken Block reveals that this thing is a total buzzkill.

How do I disable ABS and traction control, VSC or whatever it's called to give me joy?

*I miss my FJ40.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whooa... Fast replies guys, major kudos and thanks. I'll put a switch in tomorrow morning. Of course with a nifty spring loaded 'bombs armed' safety cap from a B25 that I worked on.

cnckart: Regarding post 26, vatozone. Almost passed rum n diet out the nose.
Nelson: Thanks for the plug info on the abs unit. I'll try this before cutting the blue/yel wire with switch insertion.

Looks like joy will return with tomorrows snow. Can't wait to slide it with wifey along. That'll give her the schitts.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have fun,but don't forget to reconnect!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had my FJ for 1 week now and I was really sad because I thought I couldn't have fun in the snow, but then I read in the manual that if you hold down the button that cancels the traction control for about 3 seconds, it also turns off the VSC! Not sure if that feature exists on older models (mine's a 2010). I headed straight for an empty parking lot and many donuts ensued.

It brought back old memories of driving my parents' full sized Chevy van around the snow covered roads of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan where they maybe plow your side street once in the 5 winter months...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I had the same issue this week when we got a little snow here in the south.
I've never bothered with the vsc hack but now I'd like to.

The new FJ's come with a button to enable and disable it don't they? Can I buy the switch from toyota and install it like factory?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts