Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Climbed under the FJ to get familiar with it and i noticed there were no fitting to be greased on the ball joints or steering linkage. The old Jimmy had these fitting. Have i not looked hard enough or is it that the FJ is more modern?
Oh, and what are the is the propeller shaft that need to have its bolts re-torqued after so mant miles? Is it the drive shaft's bolts?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The drive shaft has zerks...no others up front...the stock UCA's are a sealed unit no grease there. and I believe the prop shaft is the drive shaft.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
There's 6 total grease fittings on the FJ. 1 on each of the 4 driveshaft universal joints, and 1 on each of the 2 slip yokes at the transfer case. That's it.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
There's 6 total grease fittings on the FJ. 1 on each of the 4 driveshaft universal joints, and 1 on each of the 2 slip yokes at the transfer case. That's it.
+1, exactly.

what are the is the propeller shaft that need to have its bolts re-torqued after so mant miles? Is it the drive shaft's bolts?
Yeah, the bolts holding the flanges to the diffs and tranny/transfer case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.