Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh come on, there's no way were talking about a real limited edition here, just because it says it limited doesn't mean it is.

using FAKE #'s here obviously but it's not like they only made 1000 TT SE's compared to 50,000 reg FJ's

The TT is widely available, I see them on lots all the time!!

Don't get me wrong I love the TT and would have bought one if I could have, but I just didn't see the point in spending all that extra cash for the 2-3 items I thought were cool.

For those of you who own a TT Congrats!! , because you have the shifter I want :)

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Oh come on, there's no way were talking about a real limited edition here, just because it says it limited doesn't mean it is.

using FAKE #'s here obviously but it's not like they only made 1000 TT SE's compared to 50,000 reg FJ's

The TT is widely available, I see them on lots all the time!!

Don't get me wrong I love the TT and would have bought one if I could have, but I just didn't see the point in spending all that extra cash for the 2-3 items I thought were cool.

For those of you who own a TT Congrats!! , because you have the shifter I want :)
Then getcha VIN off of one of them and have at it.

I am only trying to explain the truth.

BTW, have you ever compared the cost of a fully upgraded FJ w/Sub to the TT? It's not much more at all, once you include all the stuff it comes with.

If you can't get a dealer to play, I would suggest you try to find take-off parts (a lot of owners upgrade/modify, if you haven't noticed) making thier old parts available for sale in the process.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
get the leather wrapped 5-speed TRD shifter. it fits the hand nicely, is a significant upgrade over the crappy rubber, and as a bonus, people will shift into 6th gear instead of reverse if they try to drive your truck.

·
Registered
677 Posts
italia1 i went to the dealer today and asked if i could get another set of shift knobs and they basically said the same as roverggm in that there are a limited number of replacement parts available in the event that an original owner requires them ,sorry that i can't help.by the way there is only a limited number of both the trd and ttse.3200 trd and 3200 ttse of which only 400 of these came to canada.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are a few vendors on the forum that make really nice shifters. You should check them out. It might save you some heart ache on your search.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
there's an alum. one and it's only .99 on e-bay

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
italia1 i went to the dealer today and asked if i could get another set of shift knobs and they basically said the same as roverggm in that there are a limited number of replacement parts available in the event that an original owner requires them ,sorry that i can't help.by the way there is only a limited number of both the trd and ttse.3200 trd and 3200 ttse of which only 400 of these came to canada.
Thanks a bunch for checking Newfiefjtt,

So they wouldn't sell them to you either even though you own a TT ?

·
Registered
677 Posts
yes they would'nt do sell them as i had no need for 2 sets of shifters. i really did'nt persue it much further that as i will probably go there until my warranty runs out.as ramjet stated there are some nice after market knobs for sale by venders on here that you may want to check out,some of them look pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
You are better off buying after market knobs. The TT will run you more than 200 bucks. They are available here in Washington but they are not worth the price. Within a month they will have better after market ones for less than 1/2 that.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts