Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a manual fj sometime this year. Ive contact the biggest volume delear in the state and here is there response

"Thank you for your interest in a FJ Cruiser from Maplewood Toyota.

Unfortunately they do not make the FJ in a manual in or region, we are unable to even order them.

Please, let me know if you would like to take a look at the automatic that we have in our inventory.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and hope to hear from you in the next few days."

My response

"One can't be ordered from Japan? Or dealered traded. Being as big as u guys are its hard to believe you can't get what I want."

To which they responded.

"They just aren't a part of the build pattern for our region so we can't even order them.
Our dealer trade range is 250 miles, that is all within our region.
I understand it's frustrating, we would love to be able to get it for you, they just aren't available.

In the event that you really want to pursue it, I would suggests contacting Toyota to find a dealer in another region that is able to get them.
Believe me, were it in our control we would happily get you one.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

Is this true? I find it very hard to believe that orders are region based. Im waiting on hearing back from a few other local dealers atm.

·
Registered
655 Posts
In Canada, we can get a FJ in only 3 variants: base, off-road and adventure.

Since 2011, the manual is only available with the off-road packages!

So they are getting harder and harder to find...

Also, Toyota is infamously stupid with regard to part ordering. If the part is not in their (regional) database, they can't get it, period...

So I agree with the suggestion given to you... Get on the phone with Toyota USA and let them find you a region where the FJ will be available with the MT6...

Good luck...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Give a dealer in CO a call, they'll have 6MTs available for order. Another way to tell if a region has it is to build one on Toyota's website and use different zip codes. Depending on the region, you'll get different options, including the option for a 6MT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give a dealer in CO a call, they'll have 6MTs available for order. Another way to tell if a region has it is to build one on Toyota's website and use different zip codes. Depending on the region, you'll get different options, including the option for a 6MT.
Funny, I can build a 6mt with my zip code and get all the way to the request quote from dealer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Funny, I can build a 6mt with my zip code and get all the way to the request quote from dealer.
Maybe you should try another local dealer and see what they tell you about the availability of a 6MT!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you should try another local dealer and see what they tell you about the availability of a 6MT!!!
I did yesterday and they just got back to me.

There are 4 they can get dealer traded in but there all base models. Non have the convenience package. They also said they could order me one. Lead time on order is 2-6 months.

Dunno whats up with Maplewood toyota.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same thing for the upgrade package. It's not listed as available in most areas, certainly not in mine. The upgrade package on the 2011 brochure seems like something many people would want and it's likely a money maker for Toyota. Seems strange. If it's too hard, I might wind up with something other than the Toyota.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's what I was told by Golden Valley Toyota...no manuals for MN. Used manuals are available locally. I ended up buying the automatic.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, thats a shame. I bought my 08 offroad FJ with a manual in Winona. They had to bring it down from Superior, WI though. Cant the dealers search their inventory network to find what you want at other dealers?

·
Registered
458 Posts

There are 4 they can get dealer traded in but there all base models. Non have the convenience package. They also said they could order me one. Lead time on order is 2-6 months.

I would assume that they have a '10 that they are trying hard to get rid of that happens to be an automatic. It almost stinks of BS sales tactics.

·
Premium Member
12,906 Posts

That's the best one to get, then you can outfit the FJ the way you want.

The aftermarket options are cheaper and better than factory.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I want a 6MT FJ with the Convenience and Upgrade packages.

A pretty standard build for 2010, my dealer entered it but it still hasn't been "accepted."

I wanted an FJ for winter, but it looks like I will be seeing it in April at the earliest. :(

Just in time for wheeling season. :D

For some reason Toyota's like no other car maker and they don't really have a good process to custom order a car, they only make "common" builds for the area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got another reply back from someone else at maplewood toyota. He said 4 a slated to be built for the region...

I will not be bringing any business to maplewood toyota after hearing this. First time talking to them and I was lied to.....

Inver grove toyota on the other hand found one 230 miles away from me. Currently working a deal on it but my number and theirs are a bit off ATM. :ninja:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Interesting note: I just tried to "build my FJ" on the website and the Manual Trans was NOT available here in the San Diego area. Is Toyota phasing out the manual one area at a time?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I will not be bringing any business to maplewood toyota after hearing this. First time talking to them and I was lied to.....

In all fairness, they are probably just stupid. I don't know why a business would purposely try not to sell something to a customer if they could.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is Toyota phasing out the manual one area at a time?
My though exactly!?

Will the MT6 FJ follow the same faith as the MT5 4runner in 2012?

And if they do, will they offer the full-time 4wd with the AT5?

Do they have a fix number of MT6 worldwide and prefer to send them down under in Australia?

In any case, I would buy a blue full-time 4wd AT5 with off-road pkg for the wife in a heartbeat. She can't drive the stick because of her shoulder...

:cheers:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interesting note: I just tried to "build my FJ" on the website and the Manual Trans was NOT available here in the San Diego area. Is Toyota phasing out the manual one area at a time?
It's been that way for a while now, at least 2 years. I'd try using a MD zip to build a manual back when the 08s were being released and I didn't have the option. My CO zip code let me though, that's when I started comparing what different options were available between the locations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts