Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was workikng on my typical spring chores, you know, getting the lawn mower working, touching up the yard, etc. Well, I committed my first abuse of the FJ...I accidently spilled some gas in the back cargo area. So I immediately got it home, emptied everything out and scrubbed the mess away. I then proceeded to rinse it out with the garden hose. I was parked on a slight grade so alot of the water just went out the back door like you would expect.

I walked around to the driver's side of the car and looked at the front of the rear tire well and could see water draining down to the ground. I then proceeded with my garden hose in hand to spray down the inside and the water drained out...

So the point is, I think is that, I don't think you need drain plugs drilled into the FJ because they are already there and (2) she is definitely not water tight - which I assume is a good thing! ;-)

·
Registered
162 Posts
tuqk4u said:
I was parked on a slight grade so alot of the water just went out the back door like you would expect.

I walked around to the driver's side of the car and looked at the front of the rear tire well and could see water draining down to the ground. I then proceeded with my garden hose in hand to spray down the inside and the water drained out...

So the point is, I think is that, I don't think you need drain plugs drilled into the FJ because they are already there and (2) she is definitely not water tight - which I assume is a good thing! ;-)
You are correct. The whole reason for the rubber floor is to make it easy to clean...ie using a hose. At the dealer training I was able to attend, Toyota specifically talked about this design feature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not an owner yet but I do have a manual that I've been reading. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I've read somewhere in the manual that you can't hose down the inside of the car if you have side air bags - it would damage the sensors or something.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Uh, are they one way drain holes? If not, it would seem that water would enter as well as leave the vehicle through them--not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Good point, NOt good for river crossing. Are there drain holes, or is the water just exiting via the doors (while on a slope)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts