Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hour drive one way every day to work, and I usually see a few fellow FJs but they never seem to wave or greet back :( Maybe the Phoenix area isnt as friendly as I thought.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
That's weird - there's a large number of FJs in the Phoenix area....you should check out the local FJ forum, AZFJ. Some really cool people on there, and they're quite active with runs/gatherings. Keep waving!!! Hopefully someday soon I'll be a resident - I promise to wave back!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Same here in WI, at least in and around the county I live in ..." :)"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's weird - there's a large number of FJs in the Phoenix area....you should check out the local FJ forum, AZFJ. Some really cool people on there, and they're quite active with runs/gatherings. Keep waving!!! Hopefully someday soon I'll be a resident - I promise to wave back!
Thank you for that! I need to get in a club or something. What part of Phoenix are you looking into? I shall forever keep waving!

Also your avatar is awesome! Loving that light and bumper combo. I'm thinking about cutting my warrior bumper hoops and making more aggressive ones.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
Thank you for that! I need to get in a club or something. What part of Phoenix are you looking into? I shall forever keep waving!
Awesome! Glad I could help. You don't realize how lucky you are to be living there...wonderful wheeling, scenery, WEATHER, friendly people - we are fed up with lack of those up here in mini-California of the northeast lol. I often get glares, hand signals to slow down even if driving UNDER the speed limit, pointing with head shaking...this state is going to hell :surprise Love AZ, in particular the Fountain Hills/Scottsdale area NE of Phoenix. Have you gotten out on any trails yet?

Edit: Thanks for the complement! I think Warrior bumpers have a great, clean shape, and if you modded the hoop into a stinger (mine is a custom modified stinger) that would look sick ;-) Post up some pix!

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
:cheers::wave: Hello! Do you still live in Kansas? Went there for work a few times, really enjoyed it. I fell in love with Jack Stacks!
Yes I do. Haven't been to a Jack Stack in awhile. None near me unfortunately! Been a few times to one in Kansas City though. Now that my folks live there we visit more often. Jack Stack, d'Bronx pizza, and some downtown bars/café are our favorites when we visit! (can't you tell its almost lunch time here?) :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! Glad I could help. You don't realize how lucky you are to be living there...wonderful wheeling, scenery, WEATHER, friendly people - we are fed up with lack of those up here in mini-California of the northeast lol. I often get glares, hand signals to slow down even if driving UNDER the speed limit, pointing with head shaking...this state is going to hell :surprise Love AZ, in particular the Fountain Hills/Scottsdale area NE of Phoenix. Have you gotten out on any trails yet?

Edit: Thanks for the complement! I think Warrior bumpers have a great, clean shape, and if you modded the hoop into a stinger (mine is a custom modified stinger) that would look sick ;-) Post up some pix!
It is a great state, so much outdoors stuff to do, and you can drive 2 hours north and it seems like you are in a completely different state. That area is very nice, love driving through there and seeing all the nice looking houses and wonder what they do for a living. Sadly I have yet to go on any real trails, I mostly just drive out in Buckeye, tons of weird little trails and mountains to explore, plus its only a 5 minute drive from my house and you are in a some what remote desert.

I was just looking at your pics, and that stinger is amazing! I was thinking of doing one with that same look. Also, is yours the FJ with the rear axle from Australia? I really want to get the whole bottom of my FJ covered like yours.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I do. Haven't been to a Jack Stack in awhile. None near me unfortunately! Been a few times to one in Kansas City though. Now that my folks live there we visit more often. Jack Stack, d'Bronx pizza, and some downtown bars/café are our favorites when we visit! (can't you tell its almost lunch time here?) :lol:
Coming from a desert, it was crazy to see how green it was in Kansas City. Grass just seems to grow every second, we only have rocks haha. I feel ya on the lunch time, I shouldn't have brought up Jack Stacks, lunch is coming up soon and I really want BBQ now.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Coming from a desert, it was crazy to see how green it was in Kansas City. Grass just seems to grow every second, we only have rocks haha. I feel ya on the lunch time, I shouldn't have brought up Jack Stacks, lunch is coming up soon and I really want BBQ now.
:rofl: on the lunch thing. If you want to see green come to the middle part of the state! My dad worked in KC and temporarily commuted back to Salina on the weekends. He said he missed the green pastures and wide open spaces after living in downtown KC a week at a time. I've travelled to the phoenix area and can see the vast difference you are talking about though. Sometimes I wish my yard was gravel so I wouldn't have to mow it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell, I live in New Jersey.. When you wave or give a thumbs up here you usually get a blank stare or flipped off
Hahaha! I was in the Clifton/Passaic NJ area for about a month in 2015, and I can definitely see getting flipped off as a regular thing. Such crazy driving out there, and I made the mistake of driving into New York City, NEVER again!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rofl: on the lunch thing. If you want to see green come to the middle part of the state! My dad worked in KC and temporarily commuted back to Salina on the weekends. He said he missed the green pastures and wide open spaces after living in downtown KC a week at a time. I've travelled to the phoenix area and can see the vast difference you are talking about though. Sometimes I wish my yard was gravel so I wouldn't have to mow it!
I could only imagine! Haha I had always wanted one of those nice riding mowers for some reason while growing up. I'm sure it takes a while to do a big yard, but could possibly be therapeutic?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
It is a great state, so much outdoors stuff to do, and you can drive 2 hours north and it seems like you are in a completely different state. That area is very nice, love driving through there and seeing all the nice looking houses and wonder what they do for a living. Sadly I have yet to go on any real trails, I mostly just drive out in Buckeye, tons of weird little trails and mountains to explore, plus its only a 5 minute drive from my house and you are in a some what remote desert.

I was just looking at your pics, and that stinger is amazing! I was thinking of doing one with that same look. Also, is yours the FJ with the rear axle from Australia? I really want to get the whole bottom of my FJ covered like yours.
Ahh to be able to drive 5 min and be out in the desert - that's the life!! And yes, AZ up north is like a different state - be sure to check out Cinder Hills outside Flagstaff - you can wheel all over a volcanic cinder cone! What a blast.

Yes my FJ is the Aussie rear axle :grin Skid plates are RCI - I've beat the crap out of them and they still have plenty of life....good idea for AZ rocks!! The Warrior bumper is a great design and I seriously considered it, but didn't like the hoops. Would be cool if you could retrofit a stinger on there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's actually why my dad likes doing it!
Haha! I could probably mow for hours if I had some good tunes.

Looking at your build thread, your FJ is wonderful:rocker:! Those custom skids are an awesome idea and look great too. Still looking through all the pages haha.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Haha! I could probably mow for hours if I had some good tunes.

Looking at your build thread, your FJ is wonderful:rocker:! Those custom skids are an awesome idea and look great too. Still looking through all the pages haha.
Thanks! There's a lot of them!

I like doing it - for a few reasons :lol:
Haha, my dad has a John Deere Diesel mower with bucket attachment. I forget the model # but he likes to blow smoke with it while mowing the lawn. He wants to upgrade to the model larger so he can have 4WD and bigger tires to push snow easier. (sounds like he's hooked like the rest of us?! :rofl:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts