Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In not telling Toyota anything because they don't care.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In telling Toyota anything because they don't care.
You may be right. However, like so many other things in life, once you get something off your chest, you can accept it and move on. Sometimes I think this section should be named "What I don't like about my FJC", not What I would like to tell Toyota.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Big corporations don't have feelings. Big corporations exist to make money and to not loose money. The only way to make people with any power in a corporation to listen to us humans is to do something that would hamper their prime objective, make money or not loose money. I've learned this by working for a big corporation for 24 years. If a human doesn't have any leverage in that respect you're not worth their time.
Life in the big city as I see it.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You never know, they may just stumble in this section of the forum and might actually do something to the FJ......or not.:boohoo:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Car manufacturers DO look at stuff like this. If they didn't, the FJC would not exist. Problem is we in this forum are skewed toward the "stripped, overbuilt off road beast" spectrum of the consumer base. The soccer moms/pimpin' homeys/casual buyers are bigger and spend more $$$, so they get what they want more often than we do :mecry:

Toyota! I've bought lots of your cars...throw me a bone and I'll buy some more. Give me a LC 70!!!!! or at least an SFA :crbaby:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I agree with Chango, It is a matter of where the $$$ is. Of course they are not looking at our Forum, but they have their own channels. I work for a major manufacturer of equipment and the way those things move are thru the distributor network. If a Distributor sends a SQI (Serious Quality Issue) it goes to engineering and gets all the attention, first question is safety, will someone die? then there is the question of how many more distributors are seeing the same thing happening, then how much will it cost to fix? Should it be a recall? (that is a killer of image and business) and so on. Now, one thing that will never go away is WHO? who is complaining? Big dealer? Big sales? then you got the attention.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Car manufacturers DO look at stuff like this. If they didn't, the FJC would not exist. Problem is we in this forum are skewed toward the "stripped, overbuilt off road beast" spectrum of the consumer base. The soccer moms/pimpin' homeys/casual buyers are bigger and spend more $$$, so they get what they want more often than we do :mecry:

Toyota! I've bought lots of your cars...throw me a bone and I'll buy some more. Give me a LC 70!!!!! or at least an SFA :crbaby:
It's a free focus group, they know what is said here and it is factored into decisions made regarding future products. I run a website for a different industry and we have been the reason for special edition products being made as well as even reviving dead products for another run at retail. I only hope those who run this site get to interact with the people at Toyota the way we do in our industry, it makes all the effort worthwhile for us.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

I agree with Chango, It is a matter of where the $$$ is. Of course they are not looking at our Forum, but they have their own channels. I work for a major manufacturer of equipment and the way those things move are thru the distributor network. If a Distributor sends a SQI (Serious Quality Issue) it goes to engineering and gets all the attention, first question is safety, will someone die? then there is the question of how many more distributors are seeing the same thing happening, then how much will it cost to fix? Should it be a recall? (that is a killer of image and business) and so on. Now, one thing that will never go away is WHO? who is complaining? Big dealer? Big sales? then you got the attention.
I think these points hit it on the money. Does toyota look at these forums? I'm sure they do. But i thinkin order for Toyota to really take us seriously is to be realistic about what were asking for. Asking for a stripped down SFA with a 30MPG 500ftpds of torque diesel ,role up windows, full role cage, tube doors front and rear winch options Fj isn't going to happen anytime soon as much as i'm sure many here would like to see.
while a SFA i'm sure won't be happening any time soon, asking for a front locking diff might considering that the new H3 will have one factory. lets start with this and the more important basics like map lights, more 12V outlets front and rear, rear passenger Oh **** handle. (Mainly for getting in and out ofthe back seat) Let toyota take care of basic things like this, then we'll see about the bigger things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts