Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Toyota has now pulled the Trail Teams from their site. This sucks.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
yeah some folks noticed that yesterday :(

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasnt there someone on this site who said some left from Japan already? Someone who worked for Toyota?

This can't be happening, I was finally ready to get rid of the crappy Jeep!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
that's correct...making the "51" a very rare vehicle in the future!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just spoke to my sales guy. He says July now for the trail teams. All Toyota production has stopped as a result of the quake. He said they will def be made but he will contact corporate on Monday to confirm..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got this doing a search for Trail Teams:

Toyota Trail Teams are on hiatus. For now, please check out the FJ Cruiser Bulletin

·
Registered
460 Posts
It seems that the omission from the website is a bit ominous.. Why would they take it down now after all the BS with the NSSE? It does seem though that if they had made a final decision to eliminate the 2011 TT, dealers would be privy to that information. So.. I guess I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Only time will tell..

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
It seems that the omission from the website is a bit ominous.. Why would they take it down now after all the BS with the NSSE? It does seem though that if they had made a final decision to eliminate the 2011 TT, dealers would be privy to that information. So.. I guess I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Only time will tell..
More to do with an earthquake an resulting parts supply issues, rather than them just wanting to "pull it from the market". I've worked in Honda's mfg. plant before and if you don't have the parts you can't build the car. There is definitely a possibility that some of their suppliers were effected by the earthquake. Honestly, I don't even understand the reason to speculate when you see all thats going on over there.

Perhaps they are thinking about safety of their employees and suppliers more than getting a few special edition FJs out the door.

·
Registered
460 Posts
More to do with an earthquake an resulting parts supply issues, rather than them just wanting to "pull it from the market". I've worked in Honda's mfg. plant before and if you don't have the parts you can't build the car. There is definitely a possibility that some of their suppliers were effected by the earthquake. Honestly, I don't even understand the reason to speculate when you see all thats going on over there.

Perhaps they are thinking about safety of their employees and suppliers more than getting a few special edition FJs out the door.
"...allow Me to speculate... followed promptly with ridicule for all others who do." :rofl:

·
Registered
175 Posts
So Toyota has now pulled the Trail Teams from their site. This sucks.
if this is the case, the 2010, 2008 and 2007 will be worth even more.

I'm personally trying to "not drive" my 2010. We use our 2008 sun fusion for most driving and I also have a little vdub. I almost want to cover the 2010 and mod the hell out of my 2008 and just use the 2008. Just let the 2010 sit in the garage covered for 20 years.

I'd like to have one of the 51.

·
Registered
458 Posts

I'm personally trying to "not drive" my 2010. We use our 2008 sun fusion for most driving and I also have a little vdub. I almost want to cover the 2010 and mod the hell out of my 2008 and just use the 2008. Just let the 2010 sit in the garage covered for 20 years.

There was not a Trail Teams edition in '07.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The trails teams had already began production in fact they made several runs...without the badging or wheels. The "official" first production run had already started.

Things will be a bit delayed. The parts productions just started up again on Saturday, but all the production plants are closed, including the one that makes the FJ. See website below for more info.

ƒgƒˆƒ^Ž©“®ŽÔ

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

How is a one year possible production absence of a TT going to make any of the TT worth more? And why not drive your 2010? I seriously doubt the payoff for a low mileage 2010' TT is going to be worth you babying it sitting in your garage with a cover. If thats your game, you'd be better off purchasing a Z06, or Mustang GT500 and sitting on it.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Unless you think God will let you drive your 2010 around heaven, I don't see the point in "saving" it. You have to think about the time line here.. Say you keep it in the garage for 10 years. Okay so there's 30k invested.. Now lets say you sell it in 10 years... What do you think you could get for it? 35k or 40k? Maybe... who knows... maybe less... You'd have to keep that thing for 15 to 20 years for it to even have the chance of jumping in value. 10 years for a vehicle just isn't enough.. 15 is just getting there... So my take is that if you sat back and thought about this, you could take 30k and see a MUCH larger return from a MUCH wiser investment.

But... man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do..

·
Registered
170 Posts
A good friend of mine does all his work with Asian companies in Japan and thruought the area there. Always overseas doing business there. I asked him how bad the manufacturing infrastructure is. "Dont expect anything from Japan for months if not years. Especially anything that needs heavy manufacturing"

·
Registered
19 Posts
A dealer near me just received an Army green FJ (with green roof) that is blacked out with generic base model black rims. It has the green seats that the TT should have but it does not have the TT badging. Not sure waht it is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts