Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i took my FJ in for the third time for pulley problems and i went to parts and asked for a CAI for my FJ.

The guy searched for 5 min and then proceeded to show me how there was no such thing as a TRD CAI for the FJ Cruiser, so i asked him how other i know (through this forum) have got them there. He said if he couldnt do it no one could.

Im very confused because i want to put a TRD CAI so i can snorkel it like many others

please help

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
actually fjflow (oscar) is a afe rep he does not work for ellis

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yesterday i took my FJ in for the third time for pulley problems and i went to parts and asked for a CAI for my FJ.

The guy searched for 5 min and then proceeded to show me how there was no such thing as a TRD CAI for the FJ Cruiser, so i asked him how other i know (through this forum) have got them there. He said if he couldnt do it no one could.

Im very confused because i want to put a TRD CAI so i can snorkel it like many others

please help
If he looked under 2010 he wouldnt have found it. He needs to check the 07-09 listings and its right there.. Perhaps he was new or at best confused.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What year is your FJ?

If yours is a 2010, there is no TRD CAI (or any other currently available that I've found). They changed the manifold, etc, and the ones for prior years do not work on the 2010.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys now i know vendors that actually want my money

my toyota dealer is only worth going to if i get to talk to the service manager, who checks everything i say himself

im going tomorow to pick her up, hopefully there is a new set of pulleys waiting for me ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts