Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really do not understand why Toyota has made no White exterior option yet, are the exterior colors set in stone now? or do we still have a chance for white as a color option?

It seems white has always been a dominate color throughout the history of Landcruisers, I will be buying the FJ Cruiser for use of a expedition vehicle throughout the hot sun and deserts of the Southwest. White would be very helpful in these conditions, also you would think that companies/businesses might use the FJ for commercial purposes so white would most likely be the option for commercial use

Anyone else wondering the same thing?

·
Registered
294 Posts
liquiddrift said:
I really do not understand why Toyota has made no White exterior option yet, are the exterior colors set in stone now? or do we still have a chance for white as a color option?

It seems white has always been a dominate color throughout the history of Landcruisers, I will be buying the FJ Cruiser for use of a expedition vehicle throughout the hot sun and deserts of the Southwest. White would be very helpful in these conditions, also you would think that companies/businesses might use the FJ for commercial purposes so white would most likely be the option for commercial use

Anyone else wondering the same thing?
The color options are set in stone, they haven't changed since February.
White with a white capped roof.... Got Ambulance?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go for white (scratches show up less). Like I said before, I'll probably end up with black if white or tan/khaki/sand isn't available. I'll just have to cover the thing in "3M Stonguard"!!

I'd really like a khaki/sand color... ala Jeep Wrangler.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
wait a year or two, they will certainly come out with new/different colors each model year to keep people interested.

·
Registered
35 Posts
FJ Cruiser #8 said:
Is the 3m stonguard that clear plastic film?? If so, Does it work well?

Yes, it's that clear film. It's available in a few thicknesses depending on how durable you wanted it to be. You can't even tell it's on the paint unless you look for where the film "ends". I know you can purchase it in rolls, so I would probably just cover the entire side starting at the bottom of the doors and all the way up to the bottom of the windows. It installs much like window tint (soapy water w/ a squegee).

A few friends of mine have purchased the kits which are available pre-cut for most vehicles and it seems to work really well. My car's front end is all chipped up from these wonderful freeways, while their's is as good as new!

Shoulda gotten it when the car was new!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Interesting. A plastic candy coating for your car, like leaving the shipping plastic on your couch...

Lame.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Percy said:
Interesting. A plastic candy coating for your car, like leaving the shipping plastic on your couch...

Lame.

Lame? How so? How far are we going to take this stripped-down minimalist ideology of what a true "FJ" should be? Is it now wrong to want the paint on your vehicle to look good? You're probably the same guy wanting this FJ to be a 1960's FJ... solution: buy a 1960's FJ! Get with the times old man!

BTW, I wouldn't compare it to keeping the shipping plastic on the couch (remember, cars come wrapped in white plastic from the factory and I'm not suggesting that), it's more like scotch-guarding the couch.... plenty of people don't see anything wrong with that.

You sir... are lame.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
(gimping in from the side... with extreme lameness...)

Wow, didn't mean to get ya that fired up... I just won't be driving around with plastic on my truck. If you want to, go nuts. Honestly I hope to have mine covered in mud most of the time. It's a truck, scratches are like scars, they prove you use it!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
It also helps explain why he is obsessing about a supercharger. How else would he be able to move 500lbs of diamond plate ;)

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
what about rhino-lining the bottom of your truck and doors? not exactly candy coating in my book...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Percy said:

Lame.

Anyone read Red Badge of Courage?

Desert Pinstriping adds character!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts