Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if any others experienced this issue but after running it fairly hard over rough trails the 2 small rivets that steady the front fenders as well as numerous other mounting locations are either cracked or snapping. has anyone figured out how to strengthen and modify the front area at all to make it more sturdy and quiet? i am running an all pro bumper...

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Frankly, I've never heard this complaint before. Can you take a few pictures of the rivets you are looking at?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i can take some pictures in the morning. they are sheet metal pieces that are designed to stabilize the fender.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Frankly, I've never heard this complaint before. Can you take a few pictures of the rivets you are looking at?
Ditto on that! I have read "all over" this forum and never heard of such a thing. Interested to see the photo's. I'll be checking back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thats interesting nobody has heard of this. my front end rattles so much you can easily hear it inside while driving with the windows up. will post a pic and vid if possible.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
We'll be waiting with baited breath...

Once we can get our eyes on, and heads around, this problem I'm sure the FJCFs knowledge-base will come up with something.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Wow, that's serious.

When you say "running it fairly hard over rough trails", what exactly do you mean? Like hauling @ss down bumpy trails and hitting whoop-de-doos?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha that was a funny response. yea pretty much as far as i could take it with stock suspension. recently tweaked a spindle and am in the process of gusseting them to continue to beef up the front end. its just surprising that nobody has come across this, im not an idiot and know how to drive it just seems like a weak point... ill try to get a hold of some go pro footage of me and my buddy prerunning with my FJ and his Raptor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts