Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
There was an original color code list for the 2008 model year that included the all black and the TT all white. I've never seen one, but they (BD w/BD top) were originally in the plans for 08 too.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I know I had heard some "chatter" that folks were looking to paint the tops to color match the body paint color. I have never seen one that is all black and not a TRD though.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I know I had heard some "chatter" that folks were looking to paint the tops to color match the body paint color.
We have a Black Cherry too and (since I like the all black TRD) I always thought I would like the look with a matched black cherry roof top.......thus when I saw a photo of one I was a bit taken back.......because I was NOT a fan of the look ......AT ALL.

For some odd reason.......in my opinion the look screamed "VAN".

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
We have a Black Cherry too and (since I like the all black TRD) I always thought I would like the look with a matched black cherry roof top.......thus when I saw a photo of one I was a bit taken back.......because I was NOT a fan of the look ......AT ALL.

yuk, a van, i kinda of like the white, i have a blk cherry too

·
Registered
94 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. I saw two black FJ's with black tops in the Atlanta area this past Friday. It may have been the same one , but I thought it odd I see two in one day. I didnt really car for it myself. It kind of looks like every other SUV. When you see a white top, you know what it is.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I've seen some black FJs with a black top that aren't TRD edition. Did people buy them that way or did they get the top painted? I've seen a 4WD and a 2WD.
I know we've painted several 4wd FJC tops black - Toyota did not manufacture any non-TRD FJCs with black tops, so either the dealer had them painted, or the owner of the vehicle did.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just bought a black diamond FJ last week and did some research before hand. The 07 TTE were all black and this year was the white. No option from Toyota to get an all black that I knew of for 2008. I have already gone to my local body shop and have an estimate for around $500 to have the tops painted black to match the rest of the truck. I understand the white top heritage but seeing it in all black is really cool, so that'll be my plan in the next couple weeks. I'll put in some pics once I get it done.

Joe

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I understand the white top heritage but seeing it in all black is really cool, so that'll be my plan in the next couple weeks. I'll put in some pics once I get it done.
Joe
With the temps we've had in the South the last few weeks all black would be the polar opposite of "really cool".
I like the white top but the TRD is spectacular as is the TT SE. I've seen a Black Cherry & a Voodoo Blue with the top color matched. I really liked the BC monotone, but prefer the white top on the VB.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts

I have seen two Black Cherry's with a matching roof and they looked Bad @SS!! You shouldn't judge somethings look in the real world by a picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts