1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,344 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Vendor
556 Posts
Hi, Glenn and welcome to the club! Great to have you here. Share with us some pictures when you can. Tons of great info here and full of good people that are more than happy to share their knowledge. Have fun surfing around!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys!

I've always been very fond of the FJ but this was kind of a last minute purchase. Look at purchasing a new FJ back in 2010 but didn't pull the trigger. Running out of gas during the test drive might have influenced my decision. Several months ago I casually mentioned to my neighbor, GM at the local Toyota Dealership, to keep an eye out for any clean FJ's. On Monday he sent me a text with the advert for one they just took in. A 2007 manual 4x4 one local owner never taken off road. The photos looked great, he told me it was very clean (I trust him) and offered me a very fair OTD price. Since I couldn't get into the dealership for a couple days he put a sell hold on it until I had a chance to come in. Long story short, 2 days later I'm a proud new FJ owner.

So many questions I don't know where to start. The first major upgrade I'm planning is head-unit which I hope to start this weekend if I can decide on a brand/model and source the parts. Then I'll replace/restore some of the OEM parts. Maybe restore the headlight lenses and replace the bulbs with LED. Don't know, so many choices and so little time.

Cheers, Glenn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts