Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my second post (first being the Newb introduction)
But my question is if anyone would know if the TRD intake tube (07-09) would fit in place of my stock intake tube (2012)
The only reason I ask is because the shape looks very similar to the stock tubes shape, and it has the port hole for the MAF sensor.
I would love to replace the bulky looking intake baffle box with the TRD tube.
The next "cheap" alternative would be buyin a Spectre 9002 CAI. ($150) where as the TRD tube alone is $44.39 on PureFJ.

I tried looking in the forum to see if anyone else has tried this but have seen none. My ONLY reasoning for doing this is just to simplify the looks on on my FJ every way I can.

Thanks guys!
-Adrian.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting question. I imagine you would have to get the intake boots for it too if it were to work as a standalone piece.

Reactions: benjiateadrian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, this is my second post (first being the Newb introduction)
But my question is if anyone would know if the TRD intake tube (07-09) would fit in place of my stock intake tube (2012)
The only reason I ask is because the shape looks very similar to the stock tubes shape, and it has the port hole for the MAF sensor.
I would love to replace the bulky looking intake baffle box with the TRD tube.
The next "cheap" alternative would be buyin a Spectre 9002 CAI. ($150) where as the TRD tube alone is $44.39 on PureFJ.

I tried looking in the forum to see if anyone else has tried this but have seen none. My ONLY reasoning for doing this is just to simplify the looks on on my FJ every way I can.

Thanks guys!
-Adrian.
old thread, but did it end up working?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts