Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
No, you should have it filled before you leave home. Most people air down once and fill up before heading home. All the trails (except those in Montrose) are close enough that you will not need to air up to get to the trail head.
There is also air at the gas station on the north end of town as well as air at the gas station in Silverton.

Most people air up a little after running the Alpine Loop because it's a pretty good haul back to Ouray from Silverton.

I always prefer free air rather than using up my CO2.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes there is, sir! It's heavenly guidance...
Will bring plenty of Oskar Blues goodness with me if you need to have one!

So, is there an ever-present beam of sunlight pouring from the heaves pointed directly at the Oskar Blues Brewery? Until I visit that place, that's how I'll imagine it.

-Scott

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you are bringing the pop-up, then reserve a spot...or if you want to tent camp it right in town.

This will be my first FJ Summit (even though I go to Ouray every year in the winter to ski, lol) and I am looking forward to it.

I cannot make it down until Friday afternoon, but I prefer to do "backcountry" camping myself and there are untold amounts of that for free located everywhere in the area...just have to be ok with driving 20 minutes or so to get down to Ouray.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I got a question too. I am already registered for the summit. Do I need to bring a confirmation stating I already registered and paid. Or is this something they will have down?
I always print everything and put it in my "travel packet." I have never needed it, but if I don't print it--good ol' Murphy will visit my Ouray excursion for sure!

:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
If you end up not getting a camping spot, and need some help, PM me. I will point you in the right direction. :bigthumb:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts