Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute trip to check out video & camera stills rigging mounts on my FJ saturday 04.19.08 in the Knoxville Recreation Area. North of San Francisco.
Depart Dunnigan Hill Road entrance around 8:30 - 8:45

Directions: From the town of Lower Lake go east on Morgan Valley Road 13 miles to the north entrance to Knoxville at Dunnigan Hill Road (this access not recommended for two-wheel drive vehicles beyond Round Mountain Road). Continue three miles further on Morgan Valley Road for the south entrance to Knoxville at the intersection with Devilhead Road (southeast of the McLaughlin Mine crushing plant). There are BLM signs at both entrances.

OR - From Napa, take the Lake Berryessa Road (hugs the west side of the lake). After crossing Putah Creek, it is approximately 17 miles to the Devilhead Road entrance, and 20 miles to the Dunnigan Hill Road entrance.

OR - From St. Helena, take Pope Valley Road to Pope Creek Road. Take a left at the Lake Berryessa-Knoxville Road. It is approximately 17 miles to the Devilhead Road entrance, and 20 miles to the Dunnigan Hill Road entrance.

CAUTION: There are 4-5 lower water crossings located on the Lake Berryessa-Knoxville Road north of Lake Berryessa that may restrict access to the Knoxville entrances from the south.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have not been here yet, looks interesting enough from topo maps and map quest Ariel Images. I'll post pics as I will TOFTT if I make it back alive!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts